1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensible Asking Price 748r

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Andy800, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Hi all

Considering letting my 2001 748R (RED) find a new home.
    What would be a sensible asking price

12000miles (clocks in km's)
    Good history, ready for belts and valve clearances (Which I'll get done prior to sale)
    Pretty damn clean in my humble opinion

Theres an older picture included. Standard pipes, mudguard, v piece, rear sets, levers, steering damper are still present

Cheers

IMG_9748.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. 6000 to 8000??????????

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I sold mine for £7500 couple of years ago.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. look at dealer prices and knock it back a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Difficult one. I like the 8000 bit ;) So difficult to put a price on it, fleabay has some overpriced shit boxes on so its a poor place to seek a reference.
    Don't want to undervalue it for myself, on the other hand If I do sell it I want to price it to sell

6. maybe someone on the forum will offer you a good price,wait and see

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not sure your cans are original. An 01 Ohlins came with 45mm aluminium end cans and 50mm carbon end cans and 45/50mm mid pipe. That said, it looks nice and clean with good mileage and history. A red 02 is definitely running around £8K and yours isn't far behind. I have a yellow/white 01 Ohlins with 6000 miles and I expect about £7k tops when it goes up later this year. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks Andy. Cans are Akra's, stickers came off when they were polished. Original 45mm Termis and pipework are boxed up in my garage with the eprom :upyeah:

9. Mines an 52 plate banana with 9k miles and id never let it go for 7. Stick it up for 7.5k andy

At that price i promise the first guy that calls wont wont need to see the bike beforehand. I bought mine a couple of years back for that sort of money and i know there was a line behind me. Just so happened i lived down the road

#9 RC1, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sadly mine does not have the best history. Not enough services, too many independents. The frame, forks and loom have been the heart of my track bike for the last 2 or 3 years although the engine has been in a box on my dining room floor and the bodywork, wheels, swing arm et al have been in the loft for all that time. I will wait and see what the market is doing before pulling some outrageous Sheffield retailer price out of thin air just to give people something to talk about. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I feel an offer of a few quid and some Wotsits coming on.

12. Considering what 749r seem to be up for 7500 with a service done sounds very reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Got to rebuild it first, still a fully configured track machine. Andy

14. In bits. I do have enough bits to transplant the 853 into another 748R based rolling chassis with 1098 Showa forks rebuilt with an Ohlins NIX30 kit but can’t be arsed to build it given I’m using the 1098R and there’s a V4 Speciale on its way :yum. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  15. It gets cheaper and cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Must resist :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Out with old in with the new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Just for you, you can have the track bike with all the 748R OE bits and the spare running gear to build 2 bikes for, shall we say £27995 :p Andy

• Like Like x 1
  19. @Android853sp Think you should post some pics up of your track bike mate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information