1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Sensible Pricing? 2016 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bigjimmyb, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Happy new year everyone.

I’m after a bit of advice on sensible pricing for my 2016 959.

I’ve had it since spring ‘19 and had it serviced twice, it’s now done done just shy of 16k miles and had its Desmo done last April when under 15k miles.

it has underbelly exhausts and white lower fairings, all fitted by previous owner. it also has PPF and an eco tech tail today. Apart from that and a black screen and smoked reservoirs, all standard with nearly new tyres.

New chain and sprockets last year also.

I’ve seen varying prices on eBay but it’s hard to gauge when the other bikes have different exhausts, mileage etc.

What’s the consensus on a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance
    BJB

2. See what an 899 of same age/ miles is going for and knock a grand off:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thanks, but do you mean add a grand on? The 899 is the older model….or am I missing something?

4. The 899 is still making strong money, in some instances, stronger money than the early 959. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 899's do make more money it seems for really clean ones. It seems to be a combination of factors, the 959 had those exhausts, and more weight, which put people off... You've addressed both those things though, if it's really clean, aim for the middle price of all the ones you can find advertised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks Chaps, much appreciated.

I'll post pix, price etc as soon as the sun comes back out and I can get some!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GLWS:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Out of interest, how much did you pay for the Desmo service??

9. About a grand mate.

10. A good 959 with underbelly exhausts has to be worth more than an 899, similar mileage. The only difference in weight between the 899 and 959 is in the exhausts. Better clutch, better electronics / fuelling and newer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm inclined to agree. I guess the proof will come at sale time.

Thanks\BJB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information