1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Sensor In Mudguard Not Abs

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multiverse, Sep 6, 2017.

1. image.jpeg Hi
    Discovered a sensor in the mudguard flapping about scrapping itself against the side of the tyre- nice.
    It's not the abs sensor it's a bit up from that. The parts manual helpfully calls it 'detector'.(item 21) It's a bit battered and rubbed but with a new bracket item (20 now missing) I'm hoping it may still be ok. So what is it? Search has failed to come up with an answer.
    Thanks
    Keith mm

2. Accelerometer, for suspension-presume you have Skyhook

3. Thanks for this. It is indeed a skyhook version.
    If this is so I assume it's an accelerometer that is encapsulated into a plastic 'block' so being a bit battered on its exterior will have zero effect. I will just need a new bracket (item 21) and re install. I assume if it has failed it will produce a error code on the display. Or do I have too much faith in modern software !!

4. I would assume that if its dangling free, some screws may be missing as well ?

5. Hi broke. Indeed. Looking at the diagram there is a (plastic I assume) bracket which is obviously now littering the byways and highways somewhere. The accelerometer (if it is as such) is just a block with no integral fixing method hence the bracket thing. Something else to pay for ! K

Do Not Sell My Personal Information