1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Service Advise @ 24k Miles

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Haydn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hi,

I bought my 1997 916 Bip in Oct 2013 and the dealer put new belts on and did a brake fluid change as part of the deal. Early 2014 I did an oil change with Motul 300v and checked the strainer, nothing found. I spent a lot of tim restoring the bike cosmetically and since then I have only done 400 miles but she is at nearly 24k miles now.

I'm not sure exactly what is needed so this is my plan. I would appreciate some advise to point me in the right direction.

1. Belts - ExactFIt
    2. Motul 300v and K&N filter
    3. Starter cables - ExactFIT. Fitted new battery, cleaned the original cables and greased them but still get a delay before turn over.
    4. Valve clearances. Last done in 2008 @ 20k. Required again?
    5. Side casing off and check alternator nut
    6. Clutch dismantle and check. Is very noisy at slow speeds even with clutch engaged and a dry snatchy noise can be heard when moving off quick.
    6. Spark plugs
    7. Replace fuel line O rings as they always leak when the tank is disconnected.

Recently had new discs, pads and caliper cleanup.

It has the early sprocket carrier but no wear and just had new chain, sprockets and cush drives.

Is there anything else i've missed? The sus could probably benefit from a refresh but I don't ride this bike quick on the road so that is last on my priority atm.

Cheers
    Haydn

#1 Haydn, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information