1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service/belt Change Around Merseyside Area

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by xander296, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Hi just got a 749 and I want to get the belts changed does anyone know dealers around the Merseyside area that can do this, that they can recommend?

Thanks

2. check out the indie map in my footer.

3. Is Burnley to far? If not @Moto Technica is based there and has a good reputation.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’s not rocket science to do it yourself and you can get a forum discount on superior belts from @Exige on here.
    Save you a bundle..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hi II did think about doing it myself, but there's the tension settings and as I 've never done it before just thought it was easier it's not to bad labour wise £90. Maybe next time?
    The mech bit looks fine it's just getting the tension right I would be nervous as I wouldn't know if it was set right, he wasn't to keen on the exactcit belts?

6. There’s an app for that!
    Just download the Gates Carbon Drive app to your phone and it will give you a readout in Herz as you pluck the belt - easy peasy. You’ll be aiming at 100 Hz.
    ExactFit belts are every bit as good as the Ducati branded Gates belts and they stretch less, so you can be more confident of them staying at the correct tension :)

7. Always get good service off Rich

8. Went to Moto-R yesterday Rich is a nice fella, and the service was excellent, so thanks for the pointer I will definitely use him again.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information