1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Service Costs?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Kirky, Nov 14, 2019.

1. My son's Scrambler is approaching the 15k major service (2018 bike). Can anyone advise what the likely cost is and they're experiences?

Most dealers in my area (On Yer Bike and Blade) don't state costs but Ducati Preston states £268 + belts/shims which seems very reasonable. There could be +£195 for valves? as the menu of costs isn't too clear.

2. valve adjustment and belts will be over 400 I recon.

#2 Mark9, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  3. Raiders of Bristol charged £500 for the 7.5 k service , which seemed extortionate , now the bike is out of warranty , I will be looking elsewhere.
    Had the Triumph Tiger 24k service done by Mark one motorcycles for £350 and he comes to you .

4. Did that include new belts due to time rather than miles? Seems too high for the regular 7.5k service

5. [QUNo belts , bike is 3years old and 10000 miles ,I assume they changed plugs , oil and filter , air filter and the other checks, they charged £250 to supply and fit a new tyre, thankfully it's out of warranty , and I have found a good independent mechanic . OTE="Kirky, post: 1621285, member: 110"]Did that include new belts due to time rather than miles? Seems too high for the regular 7.5k service[/QUOTE]

6. Is that Raiders or Riders? I asked Riders for a service quote once.........wouldn't ask them again.

7. Quite right too. I must admit that I do like it when dealers have the confidence to publish expected service costs on their websites.

8. Riders , I won't be using them now the bike is out of warranty.

9. Belts on the Scrambler are 15,000 miles or 5 years so they wouldn't be due.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information