1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Intervals 1260s Multistrada

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by AnyOldIron, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hi All,

Just had my 1260S MS serviced (first full annual service) at 5400 miles. Reading the owners handbook suggests service intervals are annual or 9000 miles whichever comes first.

On paying the bill, the dealer service desk told me I would need to book the bike in again for service at 9000 miles even if it is before the next annual service interval. Surely this cannot be right? Checking the schedule in the owners handbook suggests there are only two minor checks that take place at 9000 miles which do not form part of the annual service.

If this really is the case, it make Ducati's extremely expensive to run and they are already expensive to run as it is.

Anyone know different to the above?

2. Absolute bollocks mate. Annual servicing is done on time OR mileage not both. The only service you need to do on mileage is the valve check one which I think I read for the new 1260 is 19000 miles. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Must say, I thought the same. I am going to challenge them over this though as they are giving out false and incorrect information.

4. I wouldn’t bother mate, it isn’t worth the hassle, walk away and find yourself a different authorised workshop. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ask them to write you an email stating what they told you. So you can 'schedule this into your diary' & then forward it to the UK ducati for clarity as this goes against what you're read. Because they are trying to trick you frankly using a guessimate of your normal (to them) mileage.

Which dealership was it??? name & shame

#5 GunZenBomZ, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  6. I won’t name and shame as I have a really good relationship with the dealer. I think it is a misunderstanding at the service desk so will work with them to put it right. They are not the sort of dealer to take advantage, on reflection, I believe it is an honest mistake. At least I hope so!

7. Who actually gave you the bullshit, the workshop manager, a workshop technician or someone hired to book services and repairs in ? If it was the workshop manager or a technician, bugger the good relationship, I’d be looking to take my business elsewhere. If it was an administrative person, I suppose a quiet word could be in order. Andy

8. The latter.

9. Well, got news for you guys and gals. I decided to call Ducati customer services in Italy. The advice offered by the dealer service is IS CORRECT. You do indeed have to take it back for certain checks at 9000 miles regardless of the annual service requirement. This makes Ducati servicing very expensive if less than the mileage limit is reached during an annual period. It’s a bloody shocker to be honest and I will think very carefully before committing to another Ducati on that basis.

10. Big ones are at every 18K on my bike and every other service is cheap in comparison'

#10 GunZenBomZ, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  11. I'll ask my workshop manager how they are dealing with it and if it is 1260 specific. Andy

12. I've only ever taken mine in once a year for service,regardless of mileage. And in recent years they get done over the winter as workshops are quiet and you get a discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information