1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Message Reset 848

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by finm, Jul 7, 2019.

1. how are we resetting these?, does the message have to be present before it can be reset?

2. When I bought my Streetfighter S, the 1st service was due at 600 miles. Because I got it done at about 540 miles, I had to go back to the dealer after it hit the 600 mile mark for them to get rid of the little spanner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nice...
    cheers. :upyeah:

4. I used jpdiag on my 1198. I imagine the 848 would be similar. Jpdiag let me turn mine off.

5. Won’t JPDiag or GuzziDiag or whatever they’re called reset it? Just curious as I’ve the spanner symbol too, came up 500 miles after the service and as soon as 15,000 clicked over. I’m just living with it at the mo as I know it was serviced by the selling dealer and I’ll be doing all future servicing. But.... when I come to sell it hmmm:thinkingface:

6. ok, what do i need. i have the fiat diagnostic port connector that fits the SnapOn Solas machine. what else? who wants to organize this for me?

7. A laptop with jpdiag on it. A licensed version. The leads, and the bike. Dont get the + & - the wrong way round. Itll toast the ecu earth. But if you do, just leave the connector connected and use its earth.

8. Can you use a Mac or does it have to be Windows based?

9. I used a mac with parallels on it to run windoze. But lifes easier with a windoze machine. I use an old work laptop i scrounged.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Hmm, looks like Ill have to buy an old PC, be cheaper than Parallels. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sounds like i need to get a mate on it. i dont do IT talk.

12. Its easy fin. Plug in. Navigate to page. Clear message. 10mins. Its not IT.

Or take to dealers.

13. sounds like IT to me. but, the fact that i really dont want to go the dealers, means i will make it happen. where do i buy the lead?

14. Ebay. Lots of threads on here bout it.

15. @chrisw is the man to ask. Hes clever.

16. cool. so, which lead do i buy?

17. yip. @chrisw morning, which lead do i buy

18. But the message isn't there yet. This is the point. If the message is present, then no problem.

My dealer specifically told me the service warning would pop up at a certain mileage on the SFS and to bring it back in as I had it serviced early and they couldn't stop it from doing so. Maybe the newer bikes are different, but I imagine the 848 to be the same system.

19. One would have thought the message can be prevented from appearing if the thing’s serviced before the due date/mileage. On my MY09 Monster it appears to be hard coded to every 7500km regardless of when it was last serviced ie not coded to 7500km from the last service. I’m guessing @finm 848 is a similar vintage so will have similar software/firmware.

Anyway, it would seem I, and Fin, need a PC, the software and a cable and the job’s done. Thanks fellas:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information