1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Service Quote About Right?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dry Crutch, Jan 4, 2019.

1. I have just been quoted approx £850 for a service including belts, valve clearances, fuel filter, oil + filter. Bike has done 20k miles. I am in the South East and trust the dealer, but interested to know what people think given recent experiences?

2. about right

• Like Like x 1
  3. In my experience, yes although I’d venture to suggest the cost might go up if they have to change any of the shims. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks guy's and appreciated

5. I’d venture to suggest the hourly labour rate will be in the region of £80/£85 and your belt and shim service will take about 6 hours. If Motul 300V is use, that’s about £70 for 4 litres so you can see how the costs break down. Andy

6. Thanks Andy ...all makes sense. Reasonable if you look at it on the basis of a cost incurred every couple of years.

7. You telling us, or your wife?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Drop @PGP a line, highly recommended independent

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yep:) - working up a good story! Thankfully answers to such hurdles are available right here!!

10. Does that include TPS check and throttle balance?

I just paid 1300 quid to have TPS/balance and valves done on my 749R....they needed adjusting so the heads had to come off. Apparently, the R valves are different and the only safe/correct way to take off the closing collets is with the heads off.

11. Ricky X, just the items I mentioned for that price. Out of interest, what's the mileage on your 749R?

12. On that one....15k.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Based on that service price i'm off to get a moped like our Rob;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Find 2 - I’ll have the other :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ok - good to know

16. I paid 1100 in summer at SMC for a 15k service including valves and belts. That included a set of tyres. So that sounds the same.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information