1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Time

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Tur80, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Hi, bike booked for annual service, just hope its plain sailing and no issues at all.

2. just take a lorry load of cash and it be OK:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hope all ok. Do report back what all was done.

4. Belts, oil, oil filter and couple of clips around brake and clutch reservoir is all i can see

5. this bike you are having serviced is it the same bike you are selling? Question why if you are selling are you spending money on it?

6. This is my SC which is up for its annual service

7. ok good luck mate:upyeah:

8. it's a Ducati! What could possibly go wrong?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. everything????????????????:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have my ss booked for belt service in next week... It will be ok... It will be ok... It will be ok....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. its like going to the MOT station and dentist at the same time:oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bike went away for service on the 12th Feb, annual service done, phone call to say head bearings have some play, gave the dealership the OK to replace them, struggling to get bearings anywhere now, I think the dealership is now looking at eBay to buy bearings lol. Not so bad since the bike is 10 yrs old.

13. If that’s due to the clunking, I think they all do that.
    I have had a mono and the PS and they both seem to clunk when rolling it forward slightly then braking. A guy who works with us used to be a designer at Ohlins and he reckons it is fork “stiction”. Been like that for 10 years now and seems to work ok, but I’ve never had another bike that did this.

14. Belts, oil and filter are not rocket science to do yourself, especially on a 2 valve motor

15. That's good to know, I'll check when they fit the new ones and if it does the same then I'll ask for my money back lol

16. It may not be rocket science to fit but like to keep service book up to date and hopefully causes no issues if I ever decide to sell the bike

17. As long as the technician isn't an apprentice who messes up.

18. Collected the bike yesterday, still no sign of the bearings, bike was running well, steering seemed fine to me, MOT next month so I'll see if it passes ok, other than that it was a good we blast home

19. Dropped the oil in mine yesterday and seems as clean as the day it went in..no metal on magnetic plug nor in oil. Yesssss

20. Nice one drinky.Had the belts done on my gt1000 today,last time was jan 2016.Got a shock when the mech pulled the belt covers off.You could have slid the belts off :)

002.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information