1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved: Sf848 Dqs Not Working

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by LtGoose, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I recently bought the Ducati quick shifter for the SF and I'm having a few issues with it (actually, it's not working at all).

When I went to install I noticed that the plug from the loom had been cut and reattached via some bullet plug/crimp connectors... I've reattached the plug securely with the correct polarity, so I'm sure its not the connection.

Otherwise the install was completed as per the included Ducati instructions. DQS is switched on but no matter the force I put into the shifter, it will not shift up until I unload the engine.

Last year I fitted a DP ECU and used JPDIAG to reset the TPS sensor, so maybe it's an ECU issue?

Or maybe by cutting and reattaching the plug it's somehow messed with the system?

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss here!

Thanks

2. What is the map ref in your ECU? JPDiag will tell you this. Use the copy function and paste info here.

3. The bike and I are separated from the laptop with JPDIAG by about 1500km :D

Will be a number of weeks before I can get them together again, but I'll post it here when I'm done

4. The QS is in effect a pressure switch. It will either be normally open or normally closed. You should be able to use a multi-meter to check continuity.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Cheers mate, I'll give that a go first :upyeah:

6. OK so I checked this today. The QS unit is fine, works as it should... However, I find it difficult to get any reading from the loom side - even before the cut. Not too sure what else to do!

7. From the map ref I can check if DQS is enabled in the ECU.

8. Check for +5V on the loom side (pins) with ignition on and Q/S enabled.

9. Thanks. I'll post it here when I can. If the option for selecting DQS is available on the dash, shouldn't that mean that it's enabled in the ECU?

Will check tomorrow. Thanks

10. The DQS active in the dash should mean that the DQS is active in the ECU. The SF differs from other bikes using DQS in that it was already active on later bikes whereas the likes of the 848 1198 SBK needed a map reflash for it to be activated.

11. 1DD24124-E3E8-4F53-ACDF-3F6CFFDC8E02.jpeg Sorry for late reply. I’ve only just got around to connecting the laptop to the bike - here’s what I found:

12. For any of you researching because of similar problems - I've now solved it!

The issue was with the clutch switch. It was stuck permanently engaged (for probably 2 years at minimum!) Thankfully I never attempted to start it in gear. I freed it off, et voila, problem solved!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information