1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sfv4 Charging Lead

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by James85, Mar 17, 2021.

1. 2CDEDA0B-FB81-401E-979E-48AB349C7789.png I would like to use my optimate charger on my bike. Is this the correct lead to connect to the plug under the pillion? (Assuming there is a plug under there)

2. That'll work, but the plug is under the riders seat, which needs to be removed with a 4mm Allen key.
    I've attached Optimate fly lead to the battery, looped it out, and tie wrapped it to the cables beneath the RH handlebar, easier to get to and you don't notice it at all.

3. Yeh I’ve got one lying around, do you have a photo of where your plug sits under the handlebars please?

4. Sure - I'll take a photo in daylight tomorrow.

5. I've done the same, connected to the battery and cable tied to the bars

6. I also have this Optimate lead attached to the Ducati plug, is there any reason I could not use this lead to power my GPS ?
    I assume the Optimate plug only connects to the ‘battery pins’.

7. You have it connected to the DDA plug under the seat??

8. Yes connected to the diagnostic plug under the seat using the optimate adapter in your first post.

9. This is on my 821 and my SuperSport but assume the diagnostic plug is fairly universal across models.

10. The plug is different on the v4 streetfighter, the one off my monster 1200s did not fit and when I called optimate, they didn't make one that plugs into the plug under the seat. This may have changed now

• Like Like x 1
  11. I need one for my 2019 Monster 1200s. Is the optimate lead an O47 SAE ?

I’m guessing if you buy a new Ducati charger ( made by Optimate ) it has the correct plug for new models ie SF, Diavel 1260S etc ?

12. I've got one for the monster, only used for about 3 months if you want to make me an offer

13. Just looked, didn’t realise they were £30. On that basis I’ll use one of my old leads and connect to the battery..

Thanks for the offer...

14. I was going to just attach a lead to the battery, until I started looking for the battery, its a real pain to get to

15. I suspect that is why Optimate produced the adapter
    ,,same real pain on the SuperSport and Monster ..

16. I’ve run the optimate lead from the battery but put it behind the left hand fairing. You can pull it out with your fingers when needed and squish it back in once done.

17. where mine is :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spoke with Ducati dealership today and the Optimate Euro 5 ( SFV4 ) adapter is on back order, should be available in the next few weeks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information