1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shakey 67 Surgery

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, May 19, 2018.

1. Any update on his condition. Just watching the NW and Paul Bird quite evasive but hinted he was in for surgery this afternoon.
    Hope he’s ok.

2. What happened?

3. Let's hope it goes well for him,,,,as he is Mr BSB:upyeah:

4. Shakey will have surgery next week to stabilise fractures in his Sine , with further treatment planned , not sure he will be back this season ....
    my thought are with him for a speedy recovery ...as I'm sure are yours

5. Talk at nw is he has undergone spinal surgery then later in week requires neck surgery.

6. Oh no!!!!
    Get well soon Shaky

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. *SPINE......

8. Dont follow SBKs really.All the best Shakey.

9. Thread moved and merged

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shame hope he is o.k.soon.

11. Oh dear. Title even wider open now. Gws shakey

12. The lack of updates is quite worrying now.
    I hope he’s ok.

13. I agree, the lack of comms from Shakey or the team is really worrying, especially the amount of racers who were wishing him a short recovery long before any statement at all. Hope he comes back strong, must have been a nasty fall.

14. I was told this morning that in addition to fracturing several vertebrae, he broke several ribs as well. He is in surgery today and I heard figures of 3 months before being ready to return to competitive riding. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Will he retire now and take on the Eurosport sofa full time? Now out at the top? Don’t think anyone would begrudge him.

16. Absolutely and he’s pretty good at the TV stuff.

Without sounding callous I wonder who they are going to put on his bike.

17. I hope he is okay, I guess the only thing he has going for him in terms of the championship is that they are on such a long break (6 weeks is it?) so that's half of that, not that I'm sure his mind is on racing just at the mo.

Ref the comments about him retiring, I don't think anyone would criticise but he has achieved too much to go out of racing in an ambulance. Would like to see him come back towards the end of the season and win some races and then call it.

All the best to him.

18. Just seen a post saying he is out of surgery having been in there all day and everything went well
    Let’s hope for a speedy recovery

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information