1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Shinier Than A New Pin!

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Four weeks or so ago I was heading to Ducati Manchester on a Saturday morning and decided to go via Mosley for a change.

Anyway I came across some roadworks being done and had to wait whilst the "lollipop man" held my side of the traffic up with the red side of his "lollipop".

In due course he flipped it to the green side and I rode through the "roadworks". When I got to Ducati Manchester I saw to my horror that my new bike was covered head to tow, and top to bottom in tar spots and tar grit. It was horrific.

The lads at Ducati Manchester helped me get a lot of the visible damage off the bike but it was clear that the tar had got into everything (shock, grilles etc etc). Thankfully I did take some pics before we started trying to clean the bike.

upload_2019-7-24_13-47-37.jpeg

upload_2019-7-24_13-48-15.jpeg

upload_2019-7-24_13-48-39.jpeg

upload_2019-7-24_13-49-11.jpeg

upload_2019-7-24_13-49-44.jpeg

On the Monday morning I called Tameside council highways department to make a complaint about the damage incurred. They immediately asked me to contact the road surfacing contractor, who was Birmingham based.

To cut a very long story short after a couple of weeks of harassing their "complaints dept" they finally agreed for my bike to be professionally detailed locally and they'd pay for the work.

So this morning I have just got back the bike after 2 full days of cleaning and it's immaculate. Shinier than when I bought it new from the dealer in April.

upload_2019-7-24_13-52-39.png

upload_2019-7-24_13-53-10.png

upload_2019-7-24_13-53-49.png

upload_2019-7-24_13-55-52.png

upload_2019-7-24_13-56-17.png

Many thanks to Darren Oxley of Bespoke Detailing Solutions in Brighouse (http://www.bespokedetailingsolutions.co.uk/) who, I think, has done a brilliant job!

If you ever find yourself in the same situation do not be put off in pursuing the culprits. Make them pay for their sloppy workmanship!

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. How the "El Tell" did you get them to agree to pay?!?!??!?! You must be a 1st class complainer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. And it was £400 to have it done too :)

• WTF WTF x 2
  4. Nice to see a happy outcome, specially at those prices.
    Years ago I punctured a tyre and cracked a wheel rim when I rode into a massive pothole in some roadworks. What followed was months of pursuing Dept of Transport, Southwark Council, Thames water and two sub-contractors all of whom denied responsibility.
    After taking legal advice we decided not to pursue any further, but I was advised I should have feigned an injury and called the Ambulance Service & the Police!

5. He who shouts the loudest gains the most in life,a very nice shampoo & set:upyeah:

6. “He who shouts the loudest gains the most in life”
    I’m so glad I didn’t use that moral guidance with my two daughters!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anthony,Very tongue in cheek comment from me that's all:upyeah:but on the other hand Boris has been brought up that way:confused:

8. Yes Pete I get it, but this thread is about Terry getting his bike cleaned.
    BoJo the clown can be found elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I bet you daren't ride it now. It'd be a shame to get it dirty:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nah.......it’s been out today. It’s got muck on it now :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information