1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock Absorber

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Swiss T, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Hey fellas.

Can anybody with an S model do me a small favour & turn the rebound adjuster on the shock in both directions, & tell me if you can hear the clicks & feel the graduations?

Don't try it when the bike has been running; it gets hot down there.

I have just has my shock replaced under warranty (2019 bike) because the rebound adjuster was spinning freely without the clicks or graduations. Unfortunately, the replacement shock has the same issue!

The technician said it may be a batch of faulty shocks from Ohlins.

:upyeah:

2. Sorry, can't help. Mine isn't an S.

3. Will have a look at mine in the morning

• Like Like x 1
  4. My adjuster is stiff and has a definite click for each adjustment.
    Awkward to get at with the hugger, need pressure using both thumbs to move it.

5. Thanks pal.

As suspected, my new replacement is also US; it’s just spins.

Much appreciated.

6. Necro Post revive...
    Bought a Supersport S 2019 bike last year with 750miles on, now done 5k miles but touching the suspension for the first time, decided to give it go after reading some posts about Dave Moss services in the US.
    Using some settings posted elsewhere for a rider of similar weight and build as a starting point, got round to the rear rebound setting and getting no clicks at all until its fully closed and only getting 2 definite clicks, knob spins in and out with little effort. Guess it must have come from the same batch as the OP.
    Any recommendations as to where to take it to be fixed, bike is nearly 3 years old thus out of warranty with Ducati.
    I live in the Peak District so Manchester, South Yorkshire, East Midlands area preferably.
    Thanks in advance.

7. Before shelling out can I suggest that first you check if the rebound adjuster is actually adjusting rebound? (Full in slurpy slow, full out boingy fast, mid range somewhere in between :))
    That is far more important than a click.
    The click is normally nothing to do with the function of the shock but is added as people like to count clicks rather than turns and fractions of a turn.
    If that does you, job done. If not, I would try first really flooding the screw area under pressure with brake cleaner a few times, and then with ACF50, and keep turning the adjuster screw. You might find the detent ball was gummed up losing the click.
    Mick Gardner in Barnsley is your man if you want work done on Ohlins in this area.

#8 Jon Wright, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information