1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei X Spirit Helmet Cheek Pad

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Italian Phil, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Hello all - I have been trying to find a set of cheek pads for a medium original Shoei X spirit helmet [sometimes know as x spirit 1] - these are no longer supplied so looking for an 'new old stock' so-to-speak or anything that might fit - unsure if any of the newer x spirit [2 or 3] will fit - Helmet City did not know so thought I'd ask the community for help.

When looking at the base of the helmet [turning it upside down] the base of the cheek pad is quite worn and also has become a little soft when wearing it so a newer one would solve it - I think the pad is a 35mm.
    Phil

2. I have a X-Spirit 2 and 3 and i have had a quick look for 1 cheek pads and i can't find any, have you phoned or looked around in your area for dealers that might have new old stock lying around, i found a dealer that was near me and they had a set for my spirit 2, if not have you thought of just taking out the old sponge in the cheek pad a re padding it?

3. I need a thicker cheek pads for my X-Lite 802RR. I contacted X-lite and was informed that the thicker cheek pad that I need (50mm), to replace the standard size (45mm) is no longer in supply and there will be no more made.

So I am thinking of making some myself. Anyone have any idea what sort of 'sponge' is used, and a possible source of replacement sponge?

4. I couldn't say what kind of sponge but maybe look around for something to sacrifice, old lid, cushion sponge etc maybe ebay might have something, worth a look.:upyeah:
    EDIT just looked on Ebay and found this:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UPHOLSTE...239646?hash=item5957546b5e:g:cIAAAOSw~ddfW2T7

#4 WAYNE, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks Wayne thats' very useful. I shall have a meaure up and order some.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Not a straightforward job I've discovered. I have removed the cheek pads , the foam is a complex shape and fits inside a cloth enclosure, so it wouldn't be effective to try to jam in a thicker piece of foam as the pocket wouldn't accommodate it. I will see if I can fit a thin piece of foam inbetween the pocket and the sides of the helmet.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information