1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Short Or Standard Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by NSR500, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Whats the opinion on the short V standard screen for the DVT? The bike has a standard one and the wind blast is quite bad, would the short screen suit better for 5'10", and would the short screen cover the Sat Nav mounted above the clocks?

• Like Like x 1
  2. The shorter the better and it does cover the Nav. There are loads of threads on this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a Puig Sport screen if you're interested. Carbon effect. £40 posted to UK.

The first pic is a generic one of it on the bike, the others are of my actual screen. There are a couple of marks that are only visible close up where the patterned layer on the reverse has been rubbed through. These aren't easily visible though.
    20922.jpg puig-sports-screen_01.jpg puig-sports-screen_02.jpg puig-sports-screen_03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Short for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have this in dark smoke. I love it.

6. Bumpkin, I appreciate the offer but would prefer a light smoke version. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I bought this one. Like it a lot
    Sean.

74345FC4-7532-4E5A-84C1-41A4B5604D9F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. A bit too dark for me, its iceberg white so not sure how a dark screen would work, i need to get photoshop out

9. I Matt black.

• Like Like x 1
  10. As above, there are plenty of threads on this .
    At the end of the day it's up to you on looks and how it feels, everyone is different and sit/ride differently so the same screen might be perfect for someone and crap for another one.
    Also depends if you take a pillion, I recently fitted a short carbon one, which for me looked great and the wind not too bad, however when I took my Mrs out she said she could hardly hold on over 80 as the buffeting was so bad !!!

11. Dude, buy a screen and spray it black. You'll get the same result.

12. Yeah, you might just find a few different opinions on screens on this site!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yep, I had no hesitation in carving up the stock screen into a shorty! It was terrible. I bought a Givi touring screen and although better is still not great. The wind noise is less on the high setting but turbulence is unchanged, as it is with an MRA vario fitted. But if I lean forward about 15cm the turbulence disappears! So I am trying to find a way of widening the screen at the base to deflect more air from the side. Pretty difficult tho as the screen is narrowed to ease the bars and handguards...

14. I have a Puig short screen on mine and the wind blast is not a problem at all. I also run a Tomtom which just fits behind it neatly on its Navihalter bracket. I have some of Jamies spacers on there too now, which gives even more room for the Nav.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think the sat nav shake on mine will be OK, its a garmin 350 so not the biggest nav and quite light, ok so short screen it is with probably evotech sat nav bracket. Job done, great helps guys

16. Dark screen worked fine nn my white one.

4E00EA90-8B9F-4CB5-80DB-74009991C7B1.jpeg
    5’8 and I preferred the big one

• Like Like x 1
  17. I don’t know what’s worse, the wind noise or the nav shake

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don't forget the seat, a lot of owners replace the seat. Then there is the fuel sender, don't forget that.

I must be one of the few people that is happy with the standard screen (1200 DVT). I've tried spacers and a Wunderlich universal screen extension. has

As to the sat nav shake, changing from a Zumo 595 to an XT has helped but I don't think it's the mount that's the problem as the whole front fairing and screen isn't exactly rigidly mounted.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I went back to std screen as I preferred it. On longer journey I simply drooped a bit into it if the buffeting became too much.

The GS had no noise, no buffeting, and was like being in a good convertible car at speed!

20. I see you've got a steering damper on, never seen one on a Multi. Nor thought they needed one !?!?
    I'd like to think I push mine pretty hard at times, scraping footrests and stand but never felt it misbehaving, even after landing a wheelie crossed up. !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information