1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Short Screen - Puig 6490f

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mark_h, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Looking to sort out the buffeting from my screen. Tried the screen spacers in both the up and down config and it's still not good. Looking to try a smaller screen. Puig do a short race screen that looks OK and is not horrifically expensive. It's 6490F. Anyone tried it? Any feedback? Alternatively anyone anywhere near Guildford/Reading area with a 4 hole screen I could try to save wasting more money?

2. I have the short screen, as per my picture, it’s a vast improvement on the standard screen for me, I’m 6ft... hope that helps.

3. I have one of these - great under 50mph, unbearable over.

This week - just as a test - I fitted a Puig clip-on deflector thing to the race screen, and - to my surprise - it is perfect, only tested up to 60ish but it’s one of the best set ups I have had to that point....however it’s dog ugly to the point I will be changing it back to the gran turismo screen I have at the weekend as I am not doing motorways for a few weeks, and will try the clip on with that when I do distance.

As always with the screen discussions - caveat emptor - your mileage may vary.

4. To clarify - I have the puig 6490F in clear, on the lowest screen height setting - am 5’11”. When I say unbearable - purely the wind noise, with auritech ear plugs.

And the puig clip on deflector 6873W - although it might be the 250mm version...too late to go measuring now, but will check if you’re interested.

5. puig touring screen with spacers... 6'3" and ride most of the time with an open face... happy days

6. If you want to try this screen - I will sell my puig 6490W (w=clear) for £50 plus p&p - comes with v prestigious “Ducati forum” logo sticker at no extra cost :upyeah: - great condition, screen has done less than 100 miles total.

PM if interested - will go on parts for sale board in a week or so otherwise.

Ant

Do Not Sell My Personal Information