1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Buy A 939 Sp :)

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Bioni, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Hello everyone [​IMG]. I have a question. I am looking for a new do it all bike. Do any of you use the Hypermotard as a everyday commuter bike? Are the gearing and fueling good for slow speed filtering? Also, i am only 5.10" with a 31" inseam. Do the SP come with a low seat option? I see some put a little windscreen on theres, so im wondering if the wind/weather proection is decent? I only have room and money for one bike, so it needs to be a good allrounder. I ride about 10 months a year and about 15-20k km, so i need a bike i can trust in to do the job. Also, and maybe my biggest worrie is that the main dealer of Ducati here is located on the other side of the country, so potential problems and fixes must be done at a local dealer unless under warranty. Try to be as objective as you can please :D Cheer all

2. Yeah go on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Where to start
    I am 5'8"
    I have the Journey seat which is lower and more comfortable and i manage ok
    I have the full termi so the fueling is pretty good. The gearing is a bit tall but the bike is a phenomenal filtering weapon.

I have the little carbon fibre screen thing and it is remarkable as to how much wind it deflects but the bike would and does get tedious on a motorway due to lack of protection.
    I have done 5500 miles in just over 3 months and the only problem i have had is the recent issue with the Sprocket cush drives failing, all sorted under warranty but it has taken nearly 3 weeks. It is the only bike i own.

Just get one and smile everytime you ride it

• Like Like x 1
  4. The bike is great for commuting. I don't ride it everyday 38 degrees or more and 85 % humidity it's not pleasant inn slow moving traffic but the bike is awesome in the traffic. Go for it!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not an SP, but Hyperstrada, used all year round 19000 miles now, heated grips and heated oxford vest work great in winter. Get some Michelin PR4's fitted, love this bike, I'm only 5'6" with a 30" shortarse leg. Otherwise I'd have the SP ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  6. As the dealer is the other side of the country, surely it’ll be best to get a Pani as it’ll get you there faster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. You buy the SP - because its a hooligan bike with tyres that grip - but wear quickly (1000 miles) - so you either need to be rich or change them to something else.. in which case you may as well buy a standard Hyper.

With the dealer so far away - is Ducati a good choice - I am not talking reliability - just ease of maintenance / parts / accessories...

Also with 10 - 12,000 miles a year - servicing costs will be very high.

With tyres and servicing - you probably will be spending 1000 to 2000 Euros a year on maintenance..

Maybe something that is less fun - but more practical would be a better choice for commuting 250/350 cc Trail bike/road bike and a SP for the fun bits... rent a garage with the money you save on maintenance..

Also for that distance a year - look at the 950 Multi if you are still want a Ducati.

8. Fantastic bike. I have 1,has heated grips and I also have hyperstrada panniers I can put on so it really does down what I want it to do

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks everyone! I know there probably are better bikes for what im asking, but 939 SP really speaks to me :). On the west coast of norway we really dont have any highspeed highways, but much more turns and hilly roads, so i dont need bikes with alot of HP. I would much rather have a lighter bike with low down torque.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information