1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I stay put or trade to a Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Timg, Jun 18, 2013.

1. As a possible new comer to the Multistrada world could anyone fill me in on the benefits or disavantages of the Pikes Peak over the touring version & the 2013 Multistrada in general in the real world , I love the look & appeal of the bike already. I have done long days in the saddle & wonder if the Multi is the way to go
    go here's Tim

2. I had the same problem, went to buy the GT but saw the PP n decided thats what I wanted. Just go for what you want....:upyeah:

Bought the luggage n already have a nav so good to go touring too

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Pike Peak is just more expensive, Okay if you are a tart, if not go for the Touring and save a bit of cash for petrol :wink:

4. Pikes Peak is gorgeous, however its a pricey (but nice) paintjob, if you want to do any traveling you will have to stump up for a few essentials such as panniers and larger screen. As much as I would buy the PP in a flash if money was no object economics dictated the ST. Either way its a top bike with a huge grin factor.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got the PP as I prefer it. Been to Germany on it and in the pouring rain. Don't really care about the small screen I think it offers a bit of protection and isn't worth raising it either. Unless you are taking your missus or girlfriend etc. a top box and roll bag did for me, so I haven't bothered with panniers. Engine is stonking pulls like a train stops on a sixpence, skyhook is definitely doing something. Fantastic bike can't fault. :upyeah: Oh and the Pikes Peak looks the best ! IMO :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for the replies , off to have a better look tomorrow , just hope the Mrs is as keen.Cheers

7. Buy, Buy, Buy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TIMG get the Mrs on the back she will love it, my Mrs was one of the main reasons I bought a Mutley, I was line up for a Kawasaki GTR1400 but she preferred the Duke, even though it was more £££ don't know where you are But got a stonking deal at Seastars in Norwich really friendly people, even picked me up from train station, as I bought a one way ticket

• Like Like x 1
  9. Been on a scouting mission today , had my head set on a pikes peak but after looking with the Mrs at the three choices (pike peak, S touring, GT ) the GT is the winner. But then I got discussing finances & I feel a diresery offer for my BMW (7,000) less than new a year ago has made me reassess where I will spend my cash. Still hoping to get a Multistrada GT some time soon.
    cheers

10. Good deals were being offered on new GT's at SMC in Sheffield - they did have 2 in stock. Not sure whether the situation has changed...

11. Hi Bob
    Popped in there yesterday nice people, & they still have 2 in there I was willing to take one before new reg, but poor offer was from there. Still waiting for further contact but had 2 better offers from further afield.

Cheers Tim

12. Right, fair enough. A friend had a v good offer on one part exing his MTS1200 abs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information