1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Showa Fork Springs ..

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DjM, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Evening all
    So it seems i need to replace the springs in my forks , as some previous owner seems to changed them to some that are far to long at 300 mm when they should be 270-273 !!
    Any ideas where i can get some ?
    i'm looking for slightly lighter than oe , 0.95's i would like to install , i have spoken to hagon and k-tech , and they can't help :( , the spring dimensions should be 38.2mm od , 36mm id , 273mm length
    Does anyone know the ohlins dealer near or in Essex as they might be able to get a compatible spring.
    Or.. any tricks and tips that you guys have done could be useful :)
    Cheers:upyeah:

2. That's odd. Had my 2001 748R Ohlins serviced and needed a spring change only to find out Ohlins no longer support that fork. The guy doing the job gave me options and I ended up with a slightly longer, slightly softer K-Tech spring which has turned out to suit me perfectly. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. i went through alot of permutations with the very helpful guy at k-tech , although nothing really matched .
    the 848 spring was same id , od but longer at 288mm .
    K-tech still do springs for alot of the older stuff as well 916 ..996.. etc but not the 749-999 :worried: .
    other than that i can get some from wilbers , although it'll be a wait to get them from them . anyone used wilbers springs ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Used wilbers front springs inmy 900ss and i cannot really say if they improved the front much as the old springs were knackered, but they certainly behaved in a good and predictable manor. I also replaced the rear unit with Wilbers over the shite cheap Ohlins and it was firmer but better than the OE.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Just remembered. I've got a pair of forks for a 749 bip stood in the corner of the garage if you need / want spare internals.
    The caliper mount has a small crack on the left leg. If you want them they're yours for Free!

Pm me?

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. hi i did pm you just over a week ago :upyeah:

7. Yep sorry for totally ignoring you. It wasn't intentional.
    I'll see what I can do postage wise and drop you a pm back.
    Just bear with me. I'm just in the throes of setting myself a new business up. So I'm up to my ears with accountants and bank managers.

8. ok thanks very much i'll wait for your pm :upyeah:
    Best of luck in the new business :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information