1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Stand Recall

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Derek, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Recall Campaigns - CR129
    The side stand pivot nut can detach from the bolt,
    If the side stand pivot nut detaches, the pivot bolt can loosen and consequently the side stand sensor switch may no longer detect proper positioning of the stand. Three different events may occur:1) when parked, the bike may not start;2) in remote cases, during normal use on the road, the side stand sensor switch pin may become disengaged from the stand shaft causing the engine to stall;3) in remote cases, it may be possible to start the engine, engage a gear and begin riding while the side stand is still down.
    An official Ducati dealer will replace the side stand pivot bolt with a new revised version that has a longer threaded portion, initially 15mm and now 17mm. Additionally, the torque will be increased to 35 Nm previously 24 Nm), and threadlock will be applied to both the pivot bolt threads and the nut threads. This will be performed free of charge.

You can check your chassis number at the Ducati recall campaign page on their website to find out if your bike is affected, mine is. I haven't heard anything yet but expect that I will eventually.

This applies to all Scrambler models.

#1 Derek, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cheers for the info Derek!

3. Apparently all Scramblers are affected according to Ducati Manchester.

4. I Have also got this outstanding on my scrambler

will see what my dealer wants to do

5. I just received the recall notice from Ducati UK this morning. It will be April before I even think about having it done as I will not be considering a 200 mile round trip for a sidestand bolt until the weather has warmed up and the salt is off the roads.

6. I had a word at ducati Manchester about this and Mark the servce manager said that they are waiting for the correct parts and will send out notifications to all scrambler purchasers once they arrive, he said its not likely to fail or come out so not to worry.
    Hopefully this will be done before long, if it gets sorted soon then Im a happy bunny.

7. He said the same to me two weeks ago. I have it in my diary to call him on Monday.

8. Please let us know what he says.

9. Will do :upyeah:

10. Called Mark at Ducati Manchester earlier today. They now have all the parts in to do the rectification. Apparently it's a 10 minute job and all you have to do is call them the day you want to pop in and get it done and they should be able to accommodate you. :)

11. Nice one!! Lets hope its dry on saturday!

12. Taking mine in tomorrow to get the job done. Should be there around 11am :)

13. Given that I have a 200 mile round trip I'm going to enquire if they will send me the bolt and I send them the old one back. They probably won't wash it but no harm in asking. If not it could be many months before mine gets done. It'd be far cheaper to buy a bolt and fit it myself.

14. Have you had an official letter from Ducati UK? VOSA are allegedly monitoring the recall/fixing so I would doubt they'd just send the parts out.

15. Yes I have. I doubt it too but no harm in asking. If I send them the old one back that is evidence that it has been done but they probably wouldn't trust me to torque it to 35Nm despite the fact that I've been using torque wrenches for longer than most of these "technicians" have been alive.

16. Had my letter this week, need to check if Rich at Louige Moto can do it as he is onLY five miles from here, Riders is only about 10 miles but I would rather Rich did it.

17. Sorted.. had the recall done today at ducati Manchester, it was literally a 5 min job. Nice n easy! Good to have a chat with you @El Toro too!

#17 Sambighair, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  18. You too @Sambighair and the coffee and doughnuts were a bonus too :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information