1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Side Stand Replacement

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by aero, Dec 7, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. LOL...looks like they welded cast to mild...no...no...no

2. not for UK bikes...

3. well not yet. Pretty sure the stands will be the same the world over.
    If I had a 1260 (or 1200 from 2017 on) I would be checking my side stand welds :yum

4. Thank you for posting

5. Easy enough to put your VIN in the Ducati website safety recall page which will tell you yay or nay. Andy

#6 Android853sp, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Just had my recall letter,so yes UK bikes affected too.

They want me to contact Ducati service ASAP so I guess they won't wait till service time.

7. Yeah, got mine this morning, but it will have to wait till the annual service in March, garaged up for the winter. I'm sure my 1200 had the side stand replaced, they don't seem to learn. I'm getting rid of it after the service

8. Too true - I had the side stand replaced on my 1200 a couple of years ago. We can now add side stands to the list: fuel tank senders, hands free units, clutch slave cylinders ....

9. Received my 'Safety Recall' letter today, so at some point in the early'ish New Year, I'll get the Mutley over for it's check-up, which apparently takes only 30 minutes :expressionless:
    Interesting isn't it, that when stuff goes wrong from a Ducati perspective, such things can be hastened along, whereas otherwise...…….:imp:

• Like Like x 1

10. Just done that thanks. Mine appears to be ok. It says there is an update on the keyless though, so I will get that done in the new year:upyeah:

11. I got my recall letter today, will be in to the dealers in the New Year, on SORN now so no rush for me!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information