1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Side Stand

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ballbagracer, Feb 23, 2018.

1. My side stand. I have an issue dropping down the side stand as I find it hard to reach it with my little foot :p I’m 5’ 7” and have lady’s size 7 feet............is this my issue :blush:

2. Am only a few inches taller than you, i dont have any issue with the side stand but its how high you have to cock your leg over as rear end sits so high, i dont trust putting all my weight on the peg with only a side stand and no centre stand...

3. Sorry I should’ve said, while I’m sitting on the bike and once stopped and want to put the side stand down. I only seem to get the side stand half way then I find the the foot peg in the way for me to get it the rest of the way down?

4. @Ballbagracer Which Multi do you have, I found the sidestand was more awkward to use on my twinspark than my DVT, but that's not to say the DVT is that much easier to use. I'm 5'8" with size 10's

5. Just weld some sort of extension on your stand if you cant do it, take it to a fabricator n tell em what you want...

6. You could try a side stand extension (larger bolt on foot) off eBay/tourtech etc.....might give you the extra bit you need.

I’m only 165cm with the inside leg of a mouse. But I manage ok on my DVT. I do have size 9 feet which may help a bit.

I use my toes to fish the side stand and push it down. Are you using your heel?

7. Twinspark :upyeah:

8. I have thought about that :upyeah:

9. I’ve seen them extension thingys so might try one of them. I use my toes......when they reach lol

10. People.....o_O
    UMEksufQ.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. On the twinspark I had to use my heel on the spring area to get it down, why the hell they didn't put a tang on it in the first place I don't know.

12. On my fuggly being pre 2005, the sidestand was too short, apparently later post 2005's were a bit longer. Instead of faffing about with changing the sidestand, it had a 1cm blob across the entire flat part of the stand where it touched planet earth and was simply ground away until it felt right. We ended up with about 7mm of the blobb left. Ground it flat and tidy then smooth hamerited it. No Issues since

if as you mentioned kicking the stand down until it fully extended is also an issue then as a few have suggested, when the blob is welded, get a add on welded to may the kicking down fully possible

slight edit, unless you have owned it from new, had you checked the sidestand? where the stand meets the frame, the sidestand is like a U with the sides sitting either side of the frame. two things to check, is it tightened up properly so doesn't move in a way that allows excess lean and/or sometimes people use the sidestand to pivot turn a bike or to oil the chain, this sometimes opens up the U at the top of the stand so allows far more lean than built for.

#12 noobie, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  13. I’m 6’3”.

What are you lot on about? o_O:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mate, I'm only a short fella at 5'11" with 32" leg, and even I don't have an issue ??

15. You haven't got bowed legs though :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. This is true exe, and I don't have feet like Side Show Bob like some of them dudes above :D

17. Don't mock the inflicted remember :scream:

18. Shortarse!

The downside to being this tall is I look stupid on small bikes.

Come to think of it, I look stupid anyway so who gives a :poop:!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Oi!..........................sparky, don't be so shortist, us little people have feelings you know. It's not my fault my balls are freezing when I go for a walk in this snow. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Have you considered wearing June's high heels mate??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information