1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Side Stand

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Noste500, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Rode my bike for first time today . how annoying is the side stand . I’ve never owned a bike I’ve had to dismount to put the stand down until now .
    I feel a hack coming to sort this out as it very very annoying .
    anyone done anything to help this ?

2. Yeah, get off the bike and put the stand down :joy:. You get used to it, but was annoying at first when coming from another bike.

3. Cheers but not doing that . Got a bad shoulder so need it on stand whilst standing centrally on bike if you catch my drift

I see from a search my supertech R boots don’t help

4. Yeah I catch your drift. I have those boots and they just slide off because the heel is plastic and curved. Like you say, it might have to be a mod of sorts or someone has some tips that are actually useful, but not aware of anything specific for it.

5. You get used to it, becomes second nature after a while...

Pull up to a halt, leaving the bike in gear as always!

Move your left heel backwards to lift the footpeg slightly

With the bottom of your left heel, catch the top of the foot of sidestand and swing it down

Just practice it for a bit and it no longer becomes a problem....catch it with your heel :upyeah:

6. You get used to it!
    I use my toe

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I used the ‘toe technique’. Once you’ve done it for a while, it becomes like anything else

8. Is Anybody that is saying use your toe wearing super tech R boots ?
    Seems to be compounding the issue .

9. Use your toe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Learn to use your foot. Don't drill and tap a bolt in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I remember the days of the suicide stand on my old 748. 1299 can be a bit tricky with my Alpinestars Supertech R's but its just trial and error. At least when the stand is down properly it doesnt flip back up.

12. I use my hand to flip it out.

13. I use my hand to flip it out.

14. Usually takes me a couple of goes too :D

Dont worry, I wont let the door smack me on the arse on my way out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Go get your coat :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. As said above, use your toe, not your heel. Becomes a non issue in a short while, did with me. Tried using my hands at first, stiletto thigh boots didn't work, don't have any probs now.

17. Tried the toe method today.

Worked a treat. Cheers for the tip.

18. I tried the toe and it’s ok ish for me . but I’m buying an extension piece for the stand
    ( cheap to try )
    Cheers everyone .

19. I'm toe technique as well, reaching behind the peg to flick it down. However, I have recently bought supertech r's and have had two very near moments where I thought the stand was down but had flicked up so it does seem trickier for some reason. I'm now making the habit of leaving the bike on when putting the stand down so I can also see the side stand down warning on the dash

20. What's it look like once it's flipped up?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information