1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly Dealers

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Nov 3, 2017.

1. made a few calls about part exigencies the monster r against a
    Multi, been offered between 9 and 10k for the monster, also told by one dealer that the price marked on their multi was wrong so they put it up £800 whilst enquiringly.
    Apparently termis worth nothing in a deal.
    In wonder whether the cash deal is a thing of the past and they want to drip
    You up with finance.
    Sad when a bmw dealer offers me the most for my Ducati .
    Looks like I will be keeping it

2. You sound surprised. :thinkingface:

3. Check around and I don't just mean local to yourself. My local dealer (DMC Moto in Preston) does loads of country wide deals from all over the place.

Can also take off the Termi's and sell them separately yourself - will get you a bit extra

4. Ha, I know they low ball you,
    There’s no way I’ll sell it for 10k.
    Can’t find one anywhere for that price,

5. The gap is too big, I tried Wolverhampton.
    , ryebrook and Manchester.
    I would travel for the right deal, it’s a day out at the most.
    I think unless someone has a bike I want and wants to go the other way I’ll keep it, it’s a brilliant bike, I’ll just have to rethink the luggage setup

6. Give Russ a call at DMC - he'll do his best I'm sure. I've been very pleased with their service. If he hasn't got what you're looking for, he'll try and find it

7. On Autotrader right now there is a 2016 1200r with termis and 1600 miles at £12199 and another with 12000 miles but no termis at just under £10k. Both at dealers and both prices before haggling and of course both offer the usual dealer facilities. Its a bad time of year to expect good money trading in and dealers have to make a living. Unfortunately usually bikes are worth what they sell for not what we want to get for them.

8. I agree but dealers are greedy beyond belief though.

9. Cant say I have found that in my experience , I have dealt with Ducati Aylesbury, Moto Rapido and Riders Bristol in the last 5 years and in each case been surprised and delighted with the deals.

10. Hmm? Last year, Rapido offered 7500 for a bike I took 11k on. When I traded my Audi, dealers offered 12-15k less, yes 15k less than they were going for at the time, and it's the same old mind games, what you're trading is crap and unwanted and what you're buying is the latest sliced bread To my mind, dealers like their pound of flesh, and all the skin it's wrapped in, they are all crooks and I've never witnessed anything to say otherwise. I accept it and it's part of changing vehicles but it does not make it right. I appreciate they have to make a living but they take the piss, it's the same with service costs and hours they quote for doing barely bugger all. Bloody criminal....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Interesting to read how our experiences and perceptions differ. You were selling a lovely R8 if I recall correctly.
    I think I am operating on a much lower price plane than you as I tend to buy bikes and cars when they are at least half new price or 3 years old and would struggle to justify more than £8k on a bike or £15k on a car. Ive been lucky enough to sell for more than I paid over the last few years in most cases or at worst just a little depreciation. No offence to the OP but to buy new, spend more on extras like termis and then sell within a year is asking to blow bundles. If you can afford it then all well and good but it is hardly a surprise.

12. I bought the bike 9 months old, done 400 miles and paid 4K less than list,
    I don’t buy new bikes also, as I change mine every 12 months.
    But in this case I feel I have to buck my own trend and keep it rather than have my pants taken down by a dealer

13. Not sure how much list is ? But if you got 4k off, then how's much can it owe you?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Horses for courses I guess. :upyeah:

PS, and yes, sold the Audi private and got 13k more Than the best pex offer :)

#14 Wayne58, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. If you think you can get more for it, why not sell it yourself instead of PX?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I don't see the need to change evey fifteen minutes. Why not buy the right bike first time out and stop feeding the dealers? Is it to do with the age related plates you have over there or the cheap finance deals? I have a friend (yes, really) who's a client of Riders Bristol and each time I see him he has a different bike, financed and complains how he gets bum raped by his 'mate' in the showroom, who seems like a total bell-end to me!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I have a similar friend. One minute he's on a blade next he's on a fucking bobber!

18. I have been in the motor trade for too many years now and I guess everyone thinks they are rip off merchants but to be fair with the hoops you have to jump through there is very little profit ( ok start raising an eyebrow )
    I have worked with Mercedes BMW and Vw/ Audi - they work on a net return of 1-3% per year - training tooling dealer standards by manufacture all has to be paid for - most groups are self insured ie have an excess of 5k-10k so when a car or bike gets bent it comes straight out of profit - staff as of April on living wage - best part of 20k - sales admin not just salesmen need paying - service dept need to have collection and delivery

Book time for repairs very rarely covers time actually taken

BMW 1 oil filter services is about 11 mins now that in Includes fetching from car park putting on ramp - the profit in the job is mark up on oil - little else until you add additional work.

If it was my money could leave it in the bank ......

That doesn’t mean there isn’t crooks out there though

19. Buy the correct bike & keep it for a good few years, job done.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. I've said this before but it might sound like weird lad logic but I went all out and bought all the types of bike I love (supermoto, sports and naked) the first one was the sports (rsv4 factory) 6 years ago and still own it, don't want to sell it. Second one was the naked (gen 4 z1ooo) no plans to sell (bought 3 years ago) and the most recent was the hypermotard 18 months ago. No plans to sell. If ever I feel the need to ride something different its in the garage....so when I went to ride something different I don't end up a few k light when I do....

Got a 525 supermoto project bike but might sell it if someone gives me what I want for it....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information