1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Black Friday 'sale'

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Meaning now that their trackdays are just expensive rather than ludicrous ha

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Shame it doesn't apply to the vouchers or I'd snap some up for the DUK day that will inevitably happen there

3. GP works out at £209. Donny is £189/£199?
    And Silverstone give you a free bacon roll and coffee.
    It's also about £20 closer in petrol for me and I get an extra hour in bed.

• Like Like x 2

4. I thought it was 300 odd these days ?

5. Its also not a patch on Donny as a circuit ..... I only do SS for the DUK days as its a nice craic ....

6. I like SS. It's a bit flat but has lots of fast sweeping corners and plenty of space to overtake.

It's massive too so I tend to get more clear laps without getting stuck behind someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. How much are the Ducati days there?

8. Think it was about £230

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've booked 17/5 + 23/6 if anyone fancies a play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Booked 22/6th

• Like Like x 1
  11. didn't fancy 23/6?

12. Would have done 100%... but, I had paid before logging on here to post.

Pete 675, one of the local guys I do quite a few TDs with sent me a message last night (I was on the M1)
    suggesting the 22nd, 3 or 4 riders I know have already booked. I booked in as soon as due to things being booked up last year.

I think I've done maybe 4 with them now (sound bunch) they are more keen than me & do lots more TDS through the year all over the place asking me to attend, green laning in Wales in Winter and Spain early year, most of them are a bit slower than me, Pete isn't.

Debating doing the 17th/5th now having seen your post. I assume you will be in fast grp. I'll probably be on the blade.

13. I'll see if i can move mine.

Not riding the R6 anymore?

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Cream_Revenge @Not Carl Fogarty - I am up for this but need to know which date to book as will only do one day there. Let me know asap please. Gonna give the little triple a run on the big boys circuit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The R6 was only just to have a dabble to see if I liked it... I still have it.

I have another with all the race bits on. forks, shock, fairing/clock brackets, rear sets the lot..With a view to maybe do some Pi racing.

I wouldn't want it as a TD bike now, I do use the available power and at 96 / 100hp It's been quickest in inters and can live in lower fast, but get a bit frustrated with overtaking people a few times on a lap and get passed and messed about. I know it could lap quicker if someone really rode the thing hard... but it would also need more TLC if so. I am mindful. I know a bit about racing. I don't want to rebuild a motor on a bike worth 2k resale.. probably have to re-line the bores for reliability or put a 5sl bottom end in.

The blade is over kill..

I don't like idea of becoming similar to the drag racers on 200hp bikes.
    I look to use the power and increase my skill/pace and that thing will probably hurt me eventually. I'd be a happier with about 130hp, Newer R6, but mindful of thrashing things and repair bills. Decisions...I'd like a couple more Ducatis for the road.

I was a bit dubious with the blade on track, how much could I throw it in, how much front end grip etc.
    1st time out I gave it lots of respect building up through the day.
    2nd time out was Brands and it rained nearly all day.
    It might look big and heavy (to me) but after a bit of time on it, I felt more comfortable than the R6.
    Just mindful of the right hand on exit.

sorry to digress off topic.

#17 Not Carl Fogarty, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  16. I've booked June 22nd. (feel free to join us)

I have been told there will be 3 others there I know (all have paid). 2 are local to me. Pete will be on a Triumph 675
    All good guys.

#18 Not Carl Fogarty, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  17. Hi Carl - I have booked on for the 22 June. PM on the way.
    @Cream_Revenge - see if you can change your day mate :)
    @cookster ??

• Like Like x 2
  18. GSXR 750 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information