1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Bsb

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Lots of people on Twitter saying they wouldn’t be going back to Silverstone following the GP debacle. Be interesting to see what the BSB attendance figures are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. IIRC, the BSB last year was a crash fest in the rain with only 6 or 7 bikes finishing one of the races (on the old tarmac). It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Silverstone does if the weather forecast is for rain. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fans will return as it's their sport of choice and they need that fix for the weekend ready for the monday morning blues and also people are fickle:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Is it big BSB attendance anyway? Most of the stands are closed ime. It’s a Crap spectacle compared to MGP.

• Crap Crap x 1
  5. Without meaning to stir it up, there is lots of talk on Twitter that Silverstone knew that drainage was an issue because the WEC car championship had highlighted concerns. Either way, as has been said, Silverstone BSB was hardly a spectacle last year so I suspect that it will be it's last chance if numbers are poor.

I never go to Silverstone to watch stuff, it's crap, I don't want to sit in a grandstand miles away behind 3 layers of fence and advertising boards, I want to watch the bikes up on a mound a reasonable distance from the track, like anywhere at Donnington.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I was at Cadwell and got asked if we would be going to anymore races this year by a sponsor. He more or less dismissed Silverstone as a spectators circuit when I mentioned it.

7. Just been emailed by Silverstone, BSB will now be run on the National circuit over 30 laps for each of the triple header races. Andy

8. I suspect a wet weekend for BSB would finish them off financially.

9. Just saw the circuit layout...boring to say the least...

10. But the bikes will come past your chosen viewing location at full chat 30 times :upyeah: Andy

11. And zero places to spectate.

Unlikely they will get out of 3rd gear too

12. Any update on the track surface for next year. Mrs J has booked us tickets and I was wondering if I should take my leaf blower if it hasn't been sorted by then?:upyeah:

13. Has to be said, after the avyualy race that took place, let them use the national circuit instead!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information