1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Motogp Spectator Knowledge Please

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Flatfish, Jun 11, 2017.

1. As per title, please can anyone advise the best places at Silverstone to watch the GP race?
    Thanks in advance :upyeah:

2. In your lounge ;)

3. yeah, I know, but im getting treated ;)

4. Best place is probably Ducati hospitality. On trackside, Luffield isn't too bad. The stand by the complex (can't remember the name, its open air) is great for qualifying etc because you can get to the top and see quite a bit of the track. Wherever you go, ensure it has a big screen opposite :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I've bought tickets for me and the mrs in the Ducati stand (Luffield), go on youtube and search for videos for the stand(s) you are thinking of going to...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Becketts 1 or 2 has a good view and a TV screen but is always chilled by a through breeze. We did and will be doing again this year, Woodcote A. A word of caution, at the last minute last year on the Saturday, all the stands were opened up to people with general admission tickets so you might find someone in your seat and there is no redress. I would have happily punched the fecker in our seats but we had children to set an example to. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tbh I have been for the last 3 years and it's the same every year: only reserved on the Sunday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Went a few years back and sat at Vale and saw some good action.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Our first 2 years in Becketts were premium tickets and reserved the seat on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it was an unpleasant surprise last year in Woodcote. In response to my complaint, Silverstone replied that the condition was put on them by Donnington who ended up not being able to run the GP instead of the Circuit of Wales. Confused, I know I was and I told them it was a crock of sh1t in no uncertain terms. Hasn't got me anywhere and we'll be there again this year although not staying overnight. Travelodge put their prices up from £19.99 per night to £250 per night in the middle of me trying to book and fecking Premier Inn aren't any better with their website stating that they had no rooms available at any of their hotels within a 50 mile radius of Silverstone. When challenged, I was told that were anticipating corporate requests for block bookings. Just plain opportunistic greed. Sorry, this type of sh1t gets my goat. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/room-101.52381/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. MK Premier Inn is currently £58.
    http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/sea...1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB&SID=4&ISH=true&BRAND=PI

12. Would recommend Vale - sat there last two or three years - unfortunately they put up new advertising boarding last year that spoilt the view a little bit - but always a good out braking point

Do Not Sell My Personal Information