1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Single Seat Unit

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by fishead, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hello everyone, fairly new to the Ducati world got myself a 998bip, looking to put a single rear seat unit on it, not overly bothered about it being genuine one, has anyone got any recommendations tips advice, or can point me in a good direction for a decent not too much messing about to get it to fit one ?

Many thanks

2. Hi there chap, you’ve basically got two routes to take regarding the monoposto conversion. 1 is to source a genuine monoposto subframe and seat unit (at an eye watering price) and 2 is to buy a tail unit from ebay and the likes then buy a new fixing plate to mount to your existing subframe. Depends on how original you’d like the bike to be?

3. Here’s the one i picked up from ebay for roughly £150 it isn’t a genuine seat but fits rather well, the tell tail signs of it being a ‘fake’ are usually the the writing on the side as a genuine one would usually say Ducati 748.....ect. You’ll also need a seat pad to finish it off with as the biposto seat are a little shorter at the back. As you can probably make out this one didn’t have any mesh in the vents but that was quickly sorted using some body repair mesh Keep searchingpal and i’m sure that you’ll find something suitable. CF45965B-706B-48B9-983D-E1E37A329079.jpeg 049BBA6C-9A37-42B4-A083-16B30B5088C7.jpeg

C7345153-1F8F-47E7-9E07-3393AB02B191.jpeg

4. IMG_2077.JPG
    Get a genuine one if you can afford it/find one. Here's mine for my 998 in c/f by MS Production, fresh from the painters and prior to fitting the vent grilles, lights and the seat pad. The quality will be leagues ahead of the non-genuine ones and if you can find c/f the weight saving is enormous; together with the monoposto alloy subframe iro 10kgs!

5. Proper job ;)

6. thank you very much for the replies all, im not overly bothered about it being original at mo, if I can get her looking as good as lee46lee ill be plenty happy for time being, I can always find proper stuff over time as funds allow

thank you very much

Do Not Sell My Personal Information