1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Seat Unit

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by LOUDpipes, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Finally got around to getting the carbon fibre seat unit painted. I ordered the the number boards from Imageworks...just got them to cut the '1' out, so the carbon fibre showed through.

All the work was completed by John at Boyz Toyz paint, just outside Brentwood...top job :)

DUC-900SS-SEAT-UNIT.jpg

#1 LOUDpipes, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 21
  2. Close up of the '1'...

DUC-900SS-seat-unit-close.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  3. Nice touch!

4. That is well nice with the 1, as above nice touch.:upyeah:

5. What seat pads are on it?

It looks like the Carbon one I have but mine has crappy foam on it.

750 F1 seat3.jpg

Nasher.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are genuine Superlight seat pads...got all the parts (pads, brackets, mounting rubbers etc.) from Moto Rapido...:upyeah:

7. That's a great solution you've put together for getting the seat unit on and off...very impressed!...:upyeah:

8. That put's a very different slant on things with the carbon f popping it's head through the paintwork,which makes a change from the norm.:upyeah:

9. LOUDpipes

Could I ask you a big favour and get you to measure this:

DUC-900SS-SEAT-UNITa.jpg

Before I splash out on a genuine SL seat pad I'd like to understand where it's going to sit(Pun) in relation to the key barrel recess I've added.

Thanks

Nasher

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nasher...

From the top of the seat pad to the top of the bum stop is approximately 8 cm (give or take a mm)...:upyeah:

11. Cheers Lp, that's great.:upyeah:

12. Looking very nice :upyeah:

13. Looks great.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information