1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Passwords

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by bootsam, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Just so people know, I recieved an email today showing my forum password. This is the only site I use the basic 6 digit password for, so no probs for me. But I suspect this is a consequance of the latest log in shenanigans. Ive changed my forum password, I urge others to do the same. Esp if they use the same password for other places. I dont. I have basic ones for a few places with no security concerns. I have shit hot ones for bank etc.

They say they control my web cam, I dont have one. :) Want $800 in bitcoin otherwise theyll publish pics of me. Good luck with that as I dont have a webcam and even if I did, I dont give a shit. Publish and be damned.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. uh huh...
    do what i do, dont check yer E.Mails.
    ignorance is bliss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've seen your webcam activity. Disturbing stuff :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dunno, $800 seems a bargain not to see naked pictures of you :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I feel all deprived and left out, why didn't I get a similar email :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. How TF did they get your site password? Surely this should be investigated and all users should be told, I have a shit memory and use the same password for everything.

7. Maybe they thought it was a Babestation webcam you had!

#7 Biot, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. what is your password?

9. 11991299?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I dont think there was a security breach on this site. There was however a major security breach on "dropbox" back in 2013 I believe and that is where these ransom emails have been traced back to.

11. Phew!!! thank feck for that !!!

12. Why? What have you been up to, you scamp :p

13. Nothing, I really do only have 1 password for everything, if found out they would have access to everything including banking etc.

14. It went in my junk mail anyways, but I only noticed it because password was in the title. Otherwise I wouldve ignored it. But as I only use that for this site, Im not overly concerned.

My old man was responsible for my web security. I have bastard hard ones for important sites and I use basic ones for ones of no consequence. Forums etc.

15. bastardhardones; right, cheers. Is that all lower case, no spaces? Thanks.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Banking has additional security though :eyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. For feks sake Dave, change your banking passwords to something secure at least. Its a royal pain in the ass if they get you.

18. If you cannot remember passwords, write them down in a notebook. Hackers aint burglars. An old phone note book is handy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think this is a bad idea - use a password manager like 1password.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information