1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Slipper Clutch For Ducati 1198

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Nicolaib83, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Hi guys, finally get to pick up my 1198s which is replacing my old 998. I have spent the time while i’ve been waiting for the swap to read up on the 1198s and come to the conclusion that after the mandatory suspension/weight setup and 14t front sprocket the clutch is the way to go. So what is the best way to go and where to find it?

I’ve been looking on the STM Clutches and the Ducati Performance + Ducati RS clutches. Any of you who have any experience whit the above?

Oh and the bike will mostly be used on normal roads, and som track days..

2. STM or Sigma for me. 48T for less rattle. Unless, of course, you like that bag of spanners cacophony.

3. My current 12 tooth RS/F06 clutch with Surflex aluminium plates rattles noticeably less than my previous TSS and STM 48 tooth slippers with steel plates.

4. Can’t fault the Ducati Performance slipper on my 1098R. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Is the Ducati Performance clutch a re-badged EVR? What's a Ducati RS clutch?

6. My Ducati Performance clutch is identical to the Bucci design (6 ball and ramp mechanism/spider spring/6 coil springs) but has titanium posts. IIRC, the RS clutch had 4 springs (different spring rates and different thickness caps to vary compression) as the starter engaged in the 2 vacant holes. Andy

7. Maybe you're just noticing it more and therefore have some negative bias in your group study. 9 out of 10 people I haven't interviewed agreed with me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. So similar to the Sigma (TSS)? The DP one

9. Sorry don't know, I'm not familiar with the Sigma clutch. Andy

10. Whatever one you decide upon, they are a worthwhile addition. :upyeah:

11. I thought so too, as I could imagine That the 1198 is prone to rear wheel lock up if rev matching isn’t done correctly. Or is it no problem ?

12. I thought so too, as I could imagine That the 1198 is prone to rear wheel lock up if rev matching isn’t done correctly. Or is it no problem ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information