1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Slipper Clutch Spring Broken

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Blakey749s, May 16, 2018.

1. I was puting the new pressure plate bearing in and as i was reinstalling it on the bike i noticed the flippin spider spring is in pieces...

I found an old thread which linked to a german site but i couldnt find the part on there.

Anyone know a supplier? I do have a ducati dealer i use, just seeing if theres anything cheaper about first.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. They are ridiculously pricey for what they are. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. There used to be a company in Italy did them for about £20 but I haven't seen them for a while, I need one also.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  4. does it use the 'narrow finger' version (001MG017) or the later fatter type (as linked to above)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's the narrow one...

:upyeah:

6. cheapest I could find today(French Ebay) is about £101 posted - wish i'd bought a few spares at £35 now.

7. If anyone else finds them cheap ill get a couple too...

• Like Like x 1
  8. HM Racing in Edenbridge sell them, but have £70 handy. Shockingly stupid price they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Is it the same as the one in the 'R' slipper?

10. I can get the 'R' slipper spider Spring for £59 from alfs motorcycles, in Worthing.

11. 749R? - not sure but the part number should confirm it - STM equiv part No is 110638

12. yes Steve it is, if I ever buy a slipper new I would plum for one incorporating that or similar.

13. it's close but a it doesn't look quite right and a combination of poor pictures and no cross-ref of part numbers would put me off risking it. If we all keep looking then could get a proper result soon :upyeah:

EDIT - i remember this one now - pretty sure it does fit and lasts a bit longer than original due to design.

14. I think im gonna go with the one from the 749r model but i have had some emails back. Oberon dont have them but Stm do one for €63, anyone know if theres a uk distributer?
    Cheers

15. £59.06 from alfs motorcycles.

P number. 789910661c

20180524_105539.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information