1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Running?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by noobie, Jan 15, 2018.

1. It happened yesterday about this time and is happening as we speak. The pages are not simple select load bang but instead you click on it and it takes 2-3 seconds with the last one showing this
    504 Gateway Time-out
    cloudflare-nginx

I checked my speed on other sites, no issues and still running on chrome at 77mb

2. @Rob ?

3. FFS, I'd restarted my router thinking I'd dropped signal again : unamused:

You live, you learn ;)

4. I have to say mines ok

5. breaking.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. OK here too, to, 2, tuio, as well :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Think yourself lucky you aren’t using Safari, pages fail to load and time out on my iPad 60% of the time. And if I’m going moan, I still can’t access the forum using Firefox since I updated to Windows 10 on my desktop. Andy

8. I'm using safari on my iPad now. I've got no issues.

9. I’ve struggled with this issue on both an iPad and an iPad 2 periodcally for about 2 years. This forum is not the only one that is slow to load but it is the only one that is so slow, Safari stops responding. Also explain to me why the Windows 10 browser loads the forum but Firefox doesn’t on the same desktop. On second thoughts don’t bother, we both have lives to get on with :). Andy

10. I can only tell you of my experiences.

The forum runs ok with Safari on my iPad, and both my home PC and works laptop run Windows 10 and the forum runs ok on those machines too.

Soz.

11. I’m on iPad working fine :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Firefox and windows 10 on my desktop no problems, funnily I can't access my bank with Firefox on the desktop,.
    Steve

13. Investigating....

14. Firefox on my Mac, no problems at all. Windows at work, the same. :) :upyeah:

Although Firefox hates the Halfords site and won't let me log in. Safari is fine. :confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. just signed back in and it's back up to normal speed again.

16. It might be helpful try and log the pertinent facts in a consistent way, folks:
    • ISP Name - e.g. BT
    • Access type - e.g. BT Infinity Fibre
    • Location (city, county) - e.g. Lincolnshire
    • Time / Date - e.g. 22:00 on 15/1/18
    • Browser - e.g. Safari
    • Operating system - e.g. Mac OS X 10.13.2
    • Hardware - 2015 MacBook Pro
    Reason being is it might be an issue with one particular ISP, so for example if it's a BT issue and we see BT, EE and PlusNet users complaining, then we could know that BT are the underlying infrastructure provider for those ISPs and the host for the server or their CDN (e.g. Cloudflare) could be contacted and informed. Alternatively it might be that only a particular OS (e.g. Windows 10) or browser (e.g. Google Chrome) or hardware platform (e.g. MacBook air) is affected, as a consequence of an OS, browser or hardware issue.

Troubleshooting is easier when you can identify patterns. It'll help the admins / mods to capture this kind of information. :)

Apologies for egg-sucking lesson.

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Additionally, it looks like nginx have released a patch today to correct some issues with the last release (latency and buffering both mentioned...). Might be pertinent.

Hello,

I'm glad to announce a new beta of NGINX Unit. This is mostly bugfix release
    in order to eliminate significant regressions in the previous version.

Changes with Unit 0.4 15 Jan 2018

*) Feature: compatibility with DragonFly BSD.

*) Feature: "configure php --lib-static" option.

*) Bugfix: HTTP request body was not passed to application; the bug had
    appeared in 0.3.

*) Bugfix: HTTP large header buffers allocation and deallocation fixed;
    the bug had appeared in 0.3.

*) Bugfix: some PHP applications might not work with relative "root"
    path.

You can find links to the source code and precompiled Linux packages here:

- https://unit.nginx.org/installation/

Internally, we use Buildbot to build each commit and run tests on a large
    number of systems. We also use various static analysis tools to improve
    code quality and check tests coverage.

There is ongoing work on functional tests framework that will allow to avoid
    such regressions in the future. And there are plans to add fuzz testing.

You can learn more about recent Unit changes in this detailed blogpost:

- https://www.nginx.com/blog/unit-0-3-beta-release-available-now/

Do Not Sell My Personal Information