1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Thanks for the tip will try that next time

2. Yesterday put a deposit down on a 19 plate Kawasaki Z900RS , part ex'd the Scrambler.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Post up a photo when you get the chance?

4. Unfortunately , it will be a couple of weeks before it's ready , I will post pics when I get it .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Took my £300 shitbox for MOT. Passed as well with just advisory on rear pads noisy. That’s another wedged in the garage… no more room in the inn !! 06E48C85-C5AA-48CA-9B11-05574DDC3D01.jpeg 6A0E62BD-7C4C-428B-B767-2618A627FA04.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorting out replacement bearings for a big bore eccentric hub. The needle bearing (SKF RNA 4910.2RS) is easy, the double cage roller bearing (SKF BAH 0175 or SKF VKBC 20199) however, is a little more tricky to find competitively priced. Found a great web site, 123bearings.co.uk but they are actually in France and their bearings are shipped from France sans VAT. Can’t be arsed with that. Local Brammer, bless them, are doing a bit of leg work and getting back to me. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorned the Panigale. It didn’t get much use last year and even less this year.

Next year I’m taking it on the pilgrimage to Jerez with Uncle Bazzer. :):motorcycleduc::sun:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Went for a little test ride - wow!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Whilst I was pootling in the garage tidying draws and putting the accumulated spares in bike specific boxes, I decided to put a collection of crusty, used Brembo brake caliper bits into soak in some Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner. It’s witchcraft, the spring plates and pins cleaned up really very well. Alright, I had get creative with some of the corrosion on the pins but once passivated again, that’s saved two sets for the Multistradas and one for the Diavel. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  10. Don’t,..please …I’m seriously trying to resist buying one of these :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Superb bike and good discounts to be had right now; I'm tempted but am waiting to try the KTM 1290 SDR Evo...

12. Although it’s wet and miserable out there I’m going out for a couple of hours on the Scrambler :)

13. Thought about going out on the SS but it’s too wet and miserable

14. This any use? https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Bearings/c3/index.html

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Hi Andy, if you want you can send them to me here in France, and I'll organise sending to you there for cost. Just to help out. Dm me if you need.

Cheers
    Grant

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. That’s really kind of you Grant and much appreciated. Turns out the manager of my local bearing stockist is an X-Diavel nut and he’s sorting me out for a special ;) price. Cheers, Andy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Took all of 10 minutes to disassemble, clean and then fit a new piston and seal kit to my spare Multistrada clutch master cylinder. Longest job was leaving the new piston and seals to soak in the assembly fluid :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pulled pistons out of a set of calipers. From a trike...
    Took 2 hours, do they ever use the front brake on one of those three wheeled death traps?

19. Well I went out (just got back 30 mins ago). Got piss wet through. Stuff is now in the airing cupboard drying off.

Called in to Ducati Manchester though for a chat and a coffee :)

The weekend will be for cleaning the bike and my gear I think :(

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information