1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Spend their inheritance before they can i say.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. While my wife was at work, took the opportunity to use the oven to heat up an rvf400 hub and fit new hearings.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Some time back now, my wife walked in from work early and caught me with my Vello head in the oven and my valve guides in the freezer :pensive:
    But worse was, when I forgot I had a tin of Lynklife on the boil in the kitchen. I thought something was up when I couldn’t see into the kitchen through the window from outside. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Changed the front sprocket on the Versys 1000, 16t to gear up.
    Removed 7 years worth of chain lube and gunge from inside the sprocket cover, this took longer than the sprocket change.
    Just waiting for a bit of rain to clear the salt off the road, then out for a run.

5. Viewing the front mudguards for the 900ss this morning and i just can't decide which one's the better bet as both really need work, one has tiny bit missing on the front edge, but both could do with a new top coat.
    I bought the intact one from an ebayer who'd a 888sp5 sitting in their ownership and paid too much money just to see that bike, lol
    20220115_085827[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. OMG XH558, I hope you don't mind me saying, but that photo of how you 'lovingly store/display/keep' your bike bits and pieces, is SOOOOOOO OCD!
    Wow :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Banked my vehicle tax refund from the V2 :)

8. I have never been married and have no children so I only have myself (and Carole) to spend it on. Which I do, often :D Andy

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ^^ yeah @XH558 don’t go judging others by your own standards!!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. It's a very long story or perhaps a tall story, it was given to me in recent times, so why not bung it up with useful stuff.

11. As Steve McQueen once said, we only go round the once so i want a piece of it.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dropped off the bike at Ducati Mcr for new fork seals, the last pair have lasted only two years!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not sure whether to give you a like or dislike, maybe if they're Ohlins but just normal 900ss showa seals what's going on.?

14. Haven’t a clue, I had the fork stanchions re-chromed at the same time as the new seals were fitted, but recently they decided to let go.
    The left one was especially bad with oil dripping on to the brake calliper.

#1874 Carr01, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  15. Fitted a carbon fibre fairing v panel thingy. Bike now weighs 136 grams than previously :joy:
    DSC_2506s.jpg DSC_2543s.jpg DSC_2545s.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Did you try the old feeler gauge trick before hand ?

17. I’m not aware of this trick, could you elaborate?

18. 'Re-seat' the lip? I vaguely remember doing such, long ago, on something like a camshaft seal.

19. You slide a feeler gauge blade up under the fork seal and work your way around the fork stanchion with the blade at an angle as though your sawing at a downward slant.
    I used to do this on my EXC’s
    You can now get a tool for this purpose.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information