1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Washers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slumdog, Jun 15, 2015.

1. A question - where to get small nuts and washers that are genuine Ducati in the UK on line. I have the part numbers .
    Have had a few drop off and some have rust , eek

2. Ducati ones rust and are cheaply manufactured, why don't you want proper ones? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Also need rubber spacers - have you those as well

5. Nope, just rubbery toothed big ring ones :)

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. You can get stainless washers and nuts in Halfords.
    I'm lucky in that I can get all sorts of marine quality stainless stuff from a local yacht chandlers at great prices.
    Try Racebolt for beautifully finished stainless nuts and bolts.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. i just borrow top quality from work...... i'll take them back when i'm finished.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. I used this place for fairing screws
    A2 Stainless M5 Socket Head Flange Button Screws
    40 x A2 Stainless M5 16mm Socket Head Button Screw With Flange £4.85
    You would pay £3 just for a single Ducati fairing screw.
    A company near me do chemical blacking, all 40 screws a fiver so total layout £10 still damn sight cheaper than Ducati stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or belts?

• Like Like x 1
  10. You've got it, or starter cables :)

11. Ideal... :)

12. Have you tried Pro-Bolt? http://www.pro-bolt.com/home ? They are tad pricey but sometimes good - and you can shop by your bike model as well. I'm sure there are other companies on the inter web dooins....

13. They are pricey, their aluminium bolt kit comes in at £50 and is soft as shit

14. Rather pricey IMHO.

15. I agree they are pricey. Interesting what you think about their quality as well Cupid Stunt. There must be decent alternative companies?... Anyone?...

16. Yes, Racebolt. I had already replaced most of my corroded stuff but ordered some of their stainless Dzus type fasteners and was seriously impressed with the quality. Not only do they look great but they work more smoothly and precisely than the oem ones too.
    Highly recommended :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Not sure, but I think there are different grades of aluminum, bear in mind I got 40 steel screws M5x16mm for less than a fiver, to have them chemically blackened another fiver, same place has charged me a tenner to anodise two rad guards and they look real mint.
    So if I can find a better grade of aluminum bolt then will buy those and maybe get them anodised :)

18. Or I suppose you could just leave them Cupid, and let the buggers tarnish!....:eek:.....:confused:.....:Muted: ... sorry, I don't know why I said that....:Facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. God NO can't have tarnished nuts

20. Try speedyfasteners.com. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information