1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Hud For Every Helmet.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Francis, Jul 31, 2019.

?
  1. Yes, it would improve my riding a lot.

13.3%
  2. No, I think it's unnecessary and a distraction.

60.0%
  3. I like it but I find it too expensive at retail price.

20.0%
  4. I like it and I would buy it with Indiegogo's discount.

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey guys,
    It's been a while since I've posted anything, I've been more busy spending time in the garage and riding than being online.

But I've come across a very special and interesting device that I think might drastically change the way we drive our bikes, for the better.

You can grab it with a huge discount for a limited time.

https://www.argontransform.com/

It's a Smart HUD that's adaptable to pretty much every full faced helmet and includes GPS (Firstly prompt by your phone to ping your location, then it operates independently), frontal camera to be used as dash or action with options to choose the quality, rear camera with 170-180° field of vision so you can see what's going on behind you ( beware of the pesky porkers ), interaction with your smartphone through Bluetooth so you can listen to music or pick up calls, 8h battery located in the back module and expandable internal storage.

It also comes with a handlebar controller ( similar to Nuviz ) that allows you to toggle between cameras and camera modes, control calls and music and probably a few other things.

I've backed them already and I was waiting for them to step up a bit more before I started spreading the word. They did, so here I am promoting a device which I'll own in a little over half a year with the promotion being done with the sole purpose of helping these fellow Bikers out. I'm in no way being compensated by Whyre ( that's the company's name ) nor am I aiming for it although any acknowledgement would be appreciated.

I'm really excited about this device and I think you guys should at least check them out.

Cheers and ride safe,
    Francis.

2. I think the rear view camera is good to eliminate blind spots, and sat nav handy. All the rest ( calls, music etc) unnecessary and distracting imo.
    A fella at work has had one of those Skully helmets on order for what seems like forever. They’ve had real problems getting it launched. Due out this month i think.

3. Have you heard of Reevu helmets ? https://www.reevu.com/
    They have a mirror just above your eye line and this allows the wearer to see directly behind . I tried one a few years ago, not bad but a bit heavy. Very low tech compared to HUD of course but less to go wrong too. I should have a read myself to see if they have got lighter over the years.

4. I get it when you say that less tech is more reliable, sort of like, less is more. However I've been upgrading helmets throughout the years and I recently got a AGV helmet that has an amazing design and comfort up to my standards and usually costs about 300€ and I got it for 160€ on a clearance sale.
    I have 4 helmets in my garage and if I can get all those gadgets on my current helmet, then it's perfect.
    I have a friend whom I showed the Argon Transformer and although he's not getting it I saw that he was kinda regretting having a GoPro and Sena on his helmet plus a phone holder on his handlebar for navigation instead of a all-in-one device.

5. Luckily we are all different and don`t like the same things. I`m happy with 1 helmet, a phone in my pocket, no Gopro and I need a sat nav on the bike about once every 2 years.
    Not that I`m a philistine you understand, why I stopped using a fountain pen literally weeks ago and the wife & I have nearly saved up enough green shield stamps for one of those colour tv things.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. £326 quid (£651 (49% off) ; these people make me laugh. The guys doing the wipey thingie wanted hundreds also...and offered a 50% discount. Until people said, no ,no this isn't worth £130 or £260 without discount.

Hope you enjoy it & it helps reduce some sort of thing you & they seem to miss. From looking at your dash, or turning your head. I've supported many first gen safety systems but this is a big fat nope from me.

7. When 2up, they need to do a rear camera only unit, for the pillion helmet, which would send the info to the riders unit.

8. It hasn't got GPS, it uses the phone app & google maps most-likely. Now as a backer you can ask a question, I'd like you to ask which GPS network the system will use across europe & also how the GPS works @Francis

FAQ section
    How do I control the Argon Transform while riding?

After pairing Argon to the wireless Handlebar controller and your mobile app, you will have full access to functions such as calls, navigation, music, photo capture & video recording.

9. Sure mate, I'll forward it right now.

10. I agree with you. I'm frugal, I do 95% of maintenance on my bikes but helmets do get old and worn. Also they should be replaced every 5 years at most and I've always bought the cheapest ones. Sometimes buying a good quality item saves you money.
    I planned on getting some of the stuff included on this device anyway so the timing is right. But sure, I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy one, I'm just letting you guys know that it exists.

#10 Francis, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. My S4 is too brute to ride with my wife and she's the best pillion rider I've ever carried. I doubt I'll be taking anyone, anywhere, anytime soon. But it'll be fun to see her expressions if I ever ride fast with her :joy:

12. Well I've been following the NuViz ever since I came across it last Winter. I was really amazed at the HUD but there was stuff lacking and they were charging about 700$ back then. It was way over my budget. Recently I got a whiff of the Argon Transformer on my Android news feed and got convinced due to the additional features and the price compared to the NuViz.
    Also, this is extremely important, we the backers get to have the option to retract the endorsement until 20 or 21 of August if there's something that we find sketchy, that was something that gave me reassurances.
    Plus if I ever had a project as positive as this one seems to be, I'd like for people to be aware and be part of helping me create a company that promotes Biker safety.
    I'm also doing a project with my old Bandit N600 which is going to be a doomsday/walking dead sort of bike. I won't have any gages on it and I was planning on mounting my phone on the handlebar for basic info, I won't need it with the Argon. TBH I wasn't feeling very confident on having my phone mounted on my bike.
    I'm starting to sound like someone who works for the company by replying to everyone lol but I assure you I'm not. I'm just chilling on the couch after having lunch because I'm feeling lazy to go to the garage and work on carburetors. :joy::sleeping:

#12 Francis, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  13. As an aside to this gadget, what do you all think about adding things to the exterior of your helmet? Assuming these "add ons" are not really heavy, and don't damage the helmets structural integrity; I wonder about what happens in an accident.

Would this thing mounted on the front cause your head to twist around if you hit the deck? Same goes for the box on the rear. What about cameras on the top of your helmet?

None of these things look likely to enhance the safety design of your smooth helmet exterior...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Its a bit big and chunky isnt it? You know, kinda like its got a bubbly personality

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorta like a nice girl?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ahahah you boys are getting a bit off track :joy:

TBH I've never had an accident but no one is safe from it.

If you check their Indiegogo's page I asked them if mosquitoes would get stuck to the HUD reducing the quality of the image or blocking it entirely.
    They replied saying that the 45° angle should be enough do deflect them away. Makes me think that you can position it properly enough not to mess with your aerodynamics too much, also the rear module although "chunky chick-like" seems to be quite aerodynamic on the borders.

When it comes to integrity of the helmet, you'll be sticking it with 3M adhesive making no compromises and I predict will bug off in the event of a fall, assuming you hit it somewhere but it's still strong enough to hold on for a long time.

They claim each module weights 150g, adding 300g overall to the helmet, most helmets these days weight 1500-1550g on average, so I don't think it's going to make a huge difference. I reckon most people will get used to the added weight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. So it’s £326 with discount?
    £200ish I’d have taken a punt, as it’s first gen and likely to go the same way as that other thing that Foggy advertised I’ll give it a miss until the price drops.

18. Fair enough, & I definitely don't know enough about impacts to say different. Though it is worth mentioning that 300g is 25% of my helmet weight, and I do know that to me its a lot!

19. TBH I'm being very pro gadget right now but it's true I haven't tried it yet, there's a possibility that I won't like having it on my helmet. However since I'm getting it half price, I'll probably be able to cut my losses if I put it on eBay, maybe even make a little profit but it's not something I'm planning on doing. That's another thing that's putting my mind at ease.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I noticed you asked my question @Francis & the reply was brilliant.

Hi Francisco, Our engineering team has replied: The Argon Transform comes with a Built in GPS module that is capable of receiving Global Navigation Satellite System networks: GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou. In Europe you may receive GPS or Galileo networks to get your location. The map of interest may be downloaded for your region of choice with our APP via WIFI and that would allow the received coordinates to be displayed in an offline map on your HUD. Hope this helps!

As it will use Usa/EU&Russian GPS satellite systems.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information