1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smashed It

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jan 2, 2019.

1. It is a sign of getting older when current phrases grate, I guess. Now, everybody is 'smashing it'. When I smash something then I would expect it to be broken beyond, or requiring, repair - like smashing a window, or, worse, smashing your bike up - as in crashing.

Now. 'smashing' is a good thing.

upload_2019-1-2_10-9-33.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Same with the word BAD in america means GOOD:upyeah:

3. That’s wickid, man!

4. Stuff like 'bad' and 'wicked' is fine though, I think. It's slang and everyone knows it a slang. But 'smashing it' has seemed to become something different - and that is what I hate. The BBC use it (above) and I have heard it on at least one TV advert.

5. the dugs baws.
    how can that be a compliment?

6. Who remembers - "Super, Great, Smashing"?

7. I think that you have set me straight. I didn't think of 'smashing' to get 'smashed it'.

I just don't keep up!

8. Pioneers ....

9. Smashing someone's back doors in is good though, right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. By goat this is embarrassing. ....
    Like dad talking to teenagers.....

It's sick man....sick....
    Sick is the new bad.?..?....which means good or great.

I know as I was told my R32 was sick by some skinny chavette and then spent ages checking it over until my "down with the kids " brother explained it to me.

#11 AirCon, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019

11. Male or female....................?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. El toro? Juries out on that one......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

13. Always has been in Wenglish speak..................as in..............there's smashing in'nt :)
    Glad I could help :upyeah:

14. That’s sic

15. Well done Db.... teenage kids......Sorry for my early miss spell.
    I'm impressed that they are using latin.

Correction everyone...

Sic means good, smart... well done old chap.

16. :blush:

17. Amo; Amas; Amamus; Amant;................Oh Bollox, I'll try Japanese instead.......Ichi; Nichi; Ni;......Nah, German (eff off; Achtung, Englander! Arrrgh!!); French, then......Oh maybe not, a bit too 'gay' for me'......

I think i will stick to a cross between Essex and Suffolk........I em go-an to mar - ket tew gid a chi - ken..........aar.

18. If you're browsing a dodgy online dating site while driving there's a risk you might end up smashing in the back doors of a Tranny.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. My Latin teacher insisted that we use paro, paras, parat, paramus, paratis, parant. He didn't like all that "I love , you love ..." nonsense.
    Which is odd cos he apparently loved little boys. Ironic.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information