1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snetterton This Sunday, 1 Degrees, Snow Tyres?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Lyndon, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hi guys am suppose to be at Snetterton this Sunday but the forecast is 1 degrees, if it’s dry are tyres good for grip at that low temp? I’m tempted to just leave the 2ct Pilot power 3 road tyres I have on at the min instead of putting track orientated tyre, any advice/ experience appreciated.

Cheers Lyndon

2. Stay in bed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah there is that, shame on a loss of £££’s tho you know

4. Better than a trip to A + E and the costly bill of repair to your bike
    Calculated risk I suppose

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If it snows then you may get your money back/credit?
    I wouldn’t bother...no fun in that weather even if dry!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ye fair point guys, might just cross my fingers for snow then and some credit.

7. Would you have to show up for any chance of credit/refund

8. Not sure, few friends going and I’m not too far away from it so may pop along for the day anyway to see what’s what if it isn’t cancelled. Should of just Waited a little longer before I got booking lol

9. Can’t predict the weather and it’s out of our control.
    If it were me I’d turn up, if you can get on track and it’s safe go for it. Make the call on the day.
    Was hoping for better weather than we’ve had especially this far in to March. :weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  10. dry and cold, keep the Pilots on, work fine, just take 2/3 laps every session before you press on (if no warmers). Ride like a brisk, cold days riding yur favourite road :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Below 5 degrees most tyres will struggle to be honest

Make sure you give it a few laps and don’t push on too much

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Normally yes, keep an eye on social media as MSV and NL were very switched on when we had the spell of snow the other week.

Take it easy, Snett had a very high ‘red flag’ rate the other week when temps were at 3/4 deg seemed to be that tyres were cooling very quickly due to windchill and general limited heat from the tarmac.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers for heads up

14. At the end of the day turn up and ride, if you do decide is not safe to ride just leave.
    IMHO 2 laps on road tyres should give plenty of grip on cold/dry/clean tarmac.
    Obviously smoother on brakes and gas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information