1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Foam Pre Wash

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by dazthephot, Mar 8, 2022.

1. How much stock do we put in this snow foam pre wash stuff over the normal rinse wash rinse?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I always snow foam my cars before every wash and my bikes never really get dirty enough to justify anything other than a wipe down with quick detailer but I have foamed the ducati once or twice, my foam of choice is autobrite magifoam. It's really good and in the winter I'll often just foam and high pressure rinse the car rather than a contact wash

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I started using snow foam a couple of years ago. Works a treat.

ps. Thread moved

4. Thank you.

5. Started doing it with my cars and will continue. Not worth it for the bike as they don't come out in grotty weather

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If using a quality product that has actual cleaning power over just producing think foam, then it's a highly essential step and I use every time on any vehicle as a first step. Goal is to remove as much contamination from the surface without touching. The BiltHamber foams, both autofoam and the new touchless are brilliant. Have a watch of any of Forensic Detailing YT channel vids on snowfoam, he does some really good side by side comparisons. Here's a recent one:

• Like Like x 2
  7. SDoc100 is the pre-wash/rince I personnally use then bilthamer autowash.

8. I believe you're asking about a foam pre-wash, before using more regular snow foam.

I really enjoy washing my car, so when have time, I have started using Autoglym Polar Blast before rinsing and using Autoglym Polar Wash - I can't honestly say I can tell the difference.

I also use Polar Seal as a final stage before chamoising - it adds a very effect hydrophobic coating, and I'd definitely recommend that.

Please don't @ me regarding how you don't rate Autoglym and I should be using XXXXXX ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I also use Auto Glym Polar blast as a snow foam on the bikes and cars, and am very pleased with it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. hahaha! Only thing I’m going to call you out on is if you’re using an actual chamois leather?!?!!!! Polar blast does pretty well in the tests

11. hehe, some of the artificial ones are very good, most are quite bad, but none are like the real thing...

12. yet to try this despite buying all the stuff last summer. All I know is not to eat it if it's yellow.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. I thought you snorted it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Really good video that. I’d be slightly nervous about using a high pressure jet wash though

• Like Like x 1
  15. Why?

16. I use sno-foam with a Worx Hydro Shot. This is a battery-operated pressure washer with foam lance in the kit and is self-priming and only puts out about 70PSI so it's ideal for car and bike cleaning without using too much force.

This combination saves me a lot of time and effort compared to completely handwashing the car or bike.

Sno-foam definitely works for me and I use it most of the time, especially when there is a lot of dirt to rinse and clean away.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/worx-hyd...9oZd6uHAqB9-3Fv7IGUaAi5PEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I quite like the look of that, much easier than the Karcher I use.

What’s the battery life/ pressure like on it?

18. Pressure is about 70PSI and if you get the full kit you get two batteries and a charger. The charger is not rapid but I can get two full washes out of a single charge on one battery on a medium size car.

The battery has a light to check the strength of the charge.

I find it ideal for washing my cars and bikes as it cleans without being ridiculously powerful and potentially damaging to paintwork or getting water into the electrics. It's a good time saver as well over just pure hand washing and rinsing etc.

19. Good to know, thanks. I’ll take a look in more detail.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information