1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Foam

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Does it have to be used with a pressure washer?

I like the idea of Snow Foam but:
    A: don't want a pressure washer anywhere near my bikes.
    B: don't own a pressure washer.

2. Demon Shine do one that attaches to the hose pipe. The foamer is built into the container.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    #3 chrisw, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Use a sponge you lazy git! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Works out quite expensive using demon shine, maybe use it then reuse the container and use a more conventional snow foam like https://www.bilthamber.com/auto-foam , it will not damage any parts, its tfm (traffic film remover) that may discolour plastics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. To get the very best from a prewash you NEED to use a pressure washer....don't be afraid just be sensible....I've power washed all my bikes with no problems whatsoever...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. While I have you......I bought a used tank a while back, it has 2 very faint lines from the side edges of the filler cap to the front of the tank, curved and symmetrical. It looks like leftover from a tank protector being removed. I can just feel some sort of lip/dip but it is incredibly minor and I can't tell it it's raised or indented but my guts think it's most likely raised.

Yesterday I tried washing, then G3 and G10 on a pad on a drill then ended up trying T-cut. I think it's a bit better but I may just be fooling myself.

I really don't fancy trying the 3000 grit on it.

Any ideas?

9. 3000 grit will be fine buddy.....don't worry...think of it as exfoliation for your skin....

Soak the paper in warm water for 20 mins prior to use then use soapy water as a lubricant over the areas you are going to sand.....light pressure and say rub a small section back and forth 10 times then move on to the next section.....always ensure there is plenty of soapy water in the section you are working....

Once done you will need to refine out the haze from the 3000 grit with a compound then again with a light polish to bring the gloss back....

Hope this helps...TTFN

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Always good to have your input Rob, cheers buddy :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. 15687250704881028979258.jpg

Can you see it? I've had a few goes but it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

Do I just keep going?

12. If it is glue (from a tank protector) WD40 will dissolve it with a little help from a rag rubbing it.

13. Don't know what it is but it looks like left over from some sort of tank protector as its so uniform.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Could be my 748 fairing flag thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It is, I found it. But I don't think it's a lacquered edge. Could be wrong though.

16. You are correct, lacquered edge.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information