1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Have You Ordered One Or Are Intrested In Getting One?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by steeve, Dec 23, 2016.

1. x

#1 steeve, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  2. The exhaust is 'orrible.....very errr...umm....Mutley like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hot air outlets can be changed...

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Funny thing is on the 959 twin stack exhausts got slated yet on the ss it's fine, I prefer the twin one over the wheelbarrow type.

5. Anyone heard any rumours about a 1200 supersport ?

6. Yes :Bag:

7. Probably will be 1198dvt in a couple of years as it should drop straight in, but theyll keep it under wraps for a bit to sell as many 959 as poss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No..........................but let's start one now :)

9. Too late ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Popped into excel to have a look and sit on. Looks as good as i hoped it would but....... The seat is tight, no room to manoeuvre my 38" arse at all. Knees were fairly bent too at 6' w 31"leg. I think my 999 would be more comfortable touring.
    Fairing looks a nightmare to take off....allen screws from inside, lots of them and in silly places.
    Not sure I want one now.

11. Oh dear, you thought they would have learnt from the ST2/4/4s. Great bikes, but an hour of fairing removal/replacement to do the simplest task like change the battery or remove front spark plug. Not great detail design......

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The only reason i have not considered this new bike is i want more bhp than whats on offer here. 1200 engine and i would be waving my cheque book.

13. That answer is simple, there isn't one. For me it's 4, Multistrada 1200 s Touring to scratch on, 748R to have fun on, 1098R to scare the sh*t out of me and an 853 to be a hooligan on around the track. Andy

14. Morning all,

I have a white S on order, it'll be my first Ducati.

On paper it's the perfect bike for me: sporting, suitable for commuting, two-up touring, Sunday thrashes around the Lincolnshire wolds and the odd track day. I've never been into 1000s as I think that power on the road is not useable. I currently ride a GSXR600 which has 120bhp at 12k but only 50 torques, so the increased torque of the SS will be lovely for my road riding style, and I'm looking to get a track bike so the lack of outright power should never be an issue.

However for some reason I'm having doubts. I think the power is one concern, if it were 130 I think it'd be perfect.

The other is the price. It's not far off a Panigale 959 which is my dream bike, and which I'd have like a shot if it weren't for the two-up trips to the TT etc.

I'll probably make a final decision when the test ride is available...

15. Hi
    The torque and v twin characteristics are the 2 most significant differences with an IL4. On the V twin you probably have most of the torque available from 3500 rpm, and not 10000 as a IL4 600cc. I do agree 130bhp would be perfect, i am tempted, but am used to 150bhp,and i do use it when and where appropriate.

#16 michel couque, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Test rode one today. First time on a Ducati too. It is a very nice bike, and agree with just about everything that's been posted about it on here. Mirrors are awful, it's a bit juddery below 3k, but very sweet handling and easy to ride. I like the riding position. Reminds me of my old VFR (the Fi type pre -02, not the VTEC horror), but much much better to ride. Rode the 959 Panigale straight afterwards. Very different bike. After an hour on the SS, I didn't want the ride to end. An hour on the 959 and I was more than ready to dismount! It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but a hit with me. Definitely interested in getting one. Can't afford to this year, but will be interested in seeing how people get on with them day to day.

17. Mine is on order. I went for the non S as at my age I will have no use for trick suspension or quick shifters.
    Went to the dealers and the wife told me to order one now and she will wait for hers for a few months till mine is run in.

18. Are you keeping the 848 Bob?

19. No. I would if we had more garage space, but we have four bikes in one garage at the moment and need to build another garage.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information