1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT So I’ve Finished My New Nav Mount Design

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jamie Clare, Aug 22, 2019.

1. so it’s been a few months in the making but I finally have finished it.
    I had sent one out to Holland for an owner to test for me and he was very pleased.
    Looking for feedback on the design..
    Fully CNC machined from acetal.
    Light weight, yet stiff and strong.

4E792136-F470-413F-B737-9221C3D7F25A.jpeg

FC52F532-65A6-46E9-A19B-BB88F00CDA91.jpeg

5137D82E-054E-4254-9213-06C06C3BFF0C.jpeg

A9731BED-46F2-4958-B97E-306C3D87511A.jpeg

CA928610-9CC0-496B-924C-E103E32A9C32.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well that makes my Panigale mounts look a bit rubbish :tired_face:

Great work, they look like a proper product.

3. Looks good Jamie, like the homage to the Ducati logo outline. I presume that this flaps around like any of the competition due to being mounted on the screen height adjuster? When will it be available and how much?

4. It’s listed On the website at the same price as the evo tech.
    Even though there is more work involved in making this I thought it would be rude to ask for more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks for that, I should have checked...

Does the surface finish vary across batches? One of the images of the mount looks quite rough or is this a printed prototype? Would be difficult to keep clean...

[​IMG]

6. That was one of the 3D print prototypes. The are all silky smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks good and robust. Does the 3rd flat piece clamp underneath the screen adjuster?

Light weight sounds good. The Ducati one is heavy.
    What’s the feedback on any ‘bounce’ or vibration due to being mounted on the screen adjuster bracket?
    Does the head with the oval screw holes allow mounting of a TomTom sat nav?
    That’s got to be far superior to a metal bracket.

I can’t see it on your web site.

Good work.

8. I, hope, looking at how this unit is fixed to the adjustment arm i.e. low down, that it does not cause a lot of bobbing with the weight of a sat nav attached. Those that are mounted higher up and anchored high up, i.e. Ducati & Iconic metal type because of their weight do exactly what I describe.
    I currently have one fitted that has side wings that also attach to the top screen bolts and this gives the unit a nore fixed / stable platform for the weight of sat nav..

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Looks great, it's a pity you hadn't done it sooner (before I bought this Ducati one; which is really flimsy).

10. Picture please. Is it one of the Engimoto ones?

11. Yes, but initially I found that the part that the sat nav base fits to only has a screw each side to mount it on the frame part. This, in use did not work to well, i.e. it drooped forward with the nav unit fitted. So changing the fixing arrangement base to frame to give a more secure mount seems to have done the trick. But the reason for using this mount was the 3 point fixing to the screen / adjusting arm which does give a "non bouncy" fixing arrangement..

12. I have been making these mounts for a while now. I have a few for several manufacturers and all I have learned is one mans 'rock solid' is another mans 'it's un-readably bouncy'.
    I was on my bike for 350 miles this weekend with the new mount and it was (for me) perfectly and acceptably positioned and rigid enough. I think that there is always a high and violent shake with the DVT at below 3k revs where the whole bike vibrates but that's part of the character of the twin.

I can easily make a product that will be 'rock solid'. but I would have to clad the while screen mechanism in a laser-cut and folded sheet. for me, this goes against the aesthetic of the bike and I would only make it if it had a high demand as I have no interest in making the bike ugly.

13. the mount has an adjustable screw near the top that holds the weight of the mount to stop the 'bobbing'

• Like Like x 2
  14. Looks brilliant. Does it fit the Garmin Zumo 590 as the Ducati one only caters for the 390.

15. Yes it fits that

16. Excellent. Do you have a link to it so I can order one?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information