1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Maybe Synthetic Fuel Is The Way Forward?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Yeah. Something along those lines I reckon.

I’ll be amazed if the future is electric. I’d go as far as to say it won’t be.

As usual though the government is Coercing the tax payer to buy electric vehicles like they did diesels…

Porsche have been working on this for sometime and I believe have something workable on it.

Most manufactures are only looking at electric because they’re given incentives to do so. Heard this over and over again from various r&d bods from various manufactures

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just can’t see battery vehicles being the answer. I still remember milk floats chinking down the streets at 0430.

We’re years away from having the EV infrastructure aligned. And I don’t just mean charge points. I’m thinking fuck off nuclear power stations. And then there’s all the required and hugely invasive mining to make batteries. Nah, EV’s are miles away.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. yip, i was told by somebody the other day that there is a shit load of investment going into developing hydrogen fuelled cars at the mo, and if anybody was going to know, this fella would.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Come hell or high water the powers that be will have us driving electric vehicles regardless of the logic.

5. Electric is the new diesel.

6. Hydrogen? Hindenburg anyone?

7. We have synthetic oil so why not synthetic fuel? Bring it on

8. I have yet to hear a valid explanation on how they are going to replace the loss of excise duty. Personally I believe the way forward will be hydrogen. You fill up and you pay.

9. I'm thinking electric vehicles are just a sticky plaster or stop gap as we are weaned off fossil fuels. The real investment should have gone into hydrogen fuel cell technology, but get the feeling there is more profit in batterys/lithium mines in the immediate future.

10. Well. Yeah. But we ain’t gonna be lazily criss crossing the skies in a fekin zeppelin. Well I’m not. Fuck that!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information