1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So S1000rr Talk To Me...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lyndon, Mar 27, 2018.

1. can’t seem to settle on keeping a bike for longer than a year at the min but have decided whatever I get next it’s gotta be decent for bit of commuting on nice roads/ some potential longer weekend jaunts and 10 or so track days if lucky a year.

Idea was to turn my gsxr 1000 to track but have lost interest in that idea due to lack of time to commit to lots of trackdays.

Pretty much done a deal on a 2015 gen 3 s1000rr sport.
    An itch that needed scratching after owning a 1299 and then gsxr 1000 at the mo.

Those who have experience any pros/ cons?
    Has some nice optional extras and is mint condition.

Cheers Lyndon

2. Phenomenal track bike at Almeria, but possibly not enough wow factor for me as a road bike

3. Cool, it weirdly does it for me the looks etc but understand why it doesn’t for a lot of people

4. S1000RR :D

STEVE_BUSCEMI_MR_DEEDS.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Fantastic bikes. In my opinion ‘technically’ the best superbike on the road and the easiest to live with.

Probably still the fastest in a straight line drag as well arguably.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah read a few posts and many of his and others comments which are always useful look forward to seeing you on track with it.....hopefully

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah....not sure on which bike I'll be on, I'll probably bring two.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hello, great bikes and as @Advikaz says probably one of the best engines out there at the moment. I have a weird relationship with mine as it doesn't excite me like the Panigale does but I don't really want to swap it for anything else. The BMW feels heavy and a bit old school as I use the bikes mostly on track so want something lightweight to chuck around. Because of that it is very stable and easy to ride, and especially good for places like the Nurburgring (and the TT course I guess?). I actually got it as a road bike and commuter when I started contracting because I figured it's going to be reliable and it has cruise control and incredibly good wet weather performance. As it turned out I still work in London so don't need a commuter. The downside for me is they make my knees hurt on long journeys more than the Pani which is more roomy and there are some vibes which send your feet to sleep. I would fit a taller seat on mine if I was using it more.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have used a 16 RR as a daily for the last 10 months. I still own a 1299, however the the S thou is just so much more useable on the road.

The suspension is sublime compared with my base 1299 & the engine is smooth with faultless fuelling throughout the range.

I agree with Royal, it does feel heavier, but you soon get used to it & really appreciate how stable it feels when making progress on our shitty roads.

Mine has forged wheels & was told I would not notice the difference on the roads , however I disagree ( was given a 17 with stock wheels for a few hours).
    Long distance riding is a pleasure with cruise & heated grips.

I also agree that the position is cramped compared with the panigale, however I fitted HP rearsets to overcome this. I find a taller seat to create more room, can put additional weight on the wrists which is not a biggy, but prefer not to go down that route.

I personally don’t have an issue with the asymmetrical fugliness & overall think it is an outstanding bike. Simply brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks guys appreciate the comments I think I’m gonna go for it especially as it’s gonna be used for a bit of everything

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mine is the lowly single R, which is all of the above but better suited to those of us with ongoing neck complaints. I love it, it literally does everything. Poodles around town like a scooter with beautiful fuelling, is comfortable as hell with the BMW comfort seat, then i get up to the bottom of the M1 and it goes like a rocket.

I've just fitted a bigger than standard screen to help with the wind blast as currently at 88 mph it's like running into a force 10 gale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A68C580D-F3C0-4481-B252-B28A1B63216A.jpeg 02A42C84-A533-40E5-B6D3-A5F9D3DBAFDC.jpeg
    Few nice extras and seemingly in excellent condition 2700 miles looking forward to it...

• Like Like x 4
  13. Nice, looks good. The first thing i did on mine (as a commuter) is change the header pipe and got rid of the cat, that thing is unbelievably heavy. It is now also seriously loud, the neighbours say it's louder than 'that old red one' (1198s with Akra's).

14. Hold your horses, I think there is a new one on the way to complete for sales against the Duc v4
    :astonished::eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. At 88mph, your gonna see some serious shit :D

ba4f535bc7ee17c242e6e624e21f88283771246d16711a23395e5ccac7d4533b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ye was thinking that but I’m keen for one of the Gen 3’s and then maybe see how far things come in the next couple of years, all that tech and engineering will more than do me for now

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information