1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 So Whats A 2002 998s Worth Then?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by RC1, Apr 29, 2018.

1. 1 owner standard with 9000 km registered in italy. Like new apparently.

Would 7k gbp be right?

2. Cheers no idea if sold though

3. Don’t think it has yet :thinkingface:
    £7K would be cheap even if an import providing it is excellent with good history.

4. My bike (in the ad above) is still for sale.
    Only have advertised on here at the moment, perhaps need to get it advertised elsewhere as well. I'm guessing the number of people looking for a 998S is fairly limited so prices are difficult to judge.
    If you can get the bike you described for £7k I think you're doing well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. yep i think 7k is too low...

did they come with carbon termis from new do you know?

6. Don't think so...

DUCATI-998-s-20170411013001.jpg

7. yep saw an old mcn article which suggested not either

8. As Exige says above, the carbon Termis were not standard. Mine has them but these were fitted later, I still have the originals in a box.

9. I always look out for 998's as I would love to get hold of one, and generally they are north of £7k, the S generally fetching a premium for obvious reasons, not just because of the extra power. I also don't believe Termi's were standard but as there was overlap with the 999 being released, it's possible some dealers fitted them as sweeteners to shift stock.

10. No they didn’t - I bought a new 998S back in 2002. Standard pipes were fitted and the termis were extra.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. There is also the rarity value of a genuine 998s. Only 27 Monos were imported into the UK but many Bipostos were converted. The genuine 998s Monos are the rarest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Yes I had my biposto 998S converted from new as well, as the monos looked so much nicer. I suspect many people did the same.

I had a proper mono subframe fitted, and light weight seat unit. Looked the business. Wish I’d kept it...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information