1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So When Out And About....locks

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Steviejay, Apr 1, 2018.

1. So as per per the title, when you go out into town or leave your bike somewhere other than your house or a secure site at work, what do you do to secure the bike or make it safe.

Been watching YouTube and watching scum bike jacking wheel hacking and all kinds of horrible shit.
    Bloody Angle Grinders in broad daylight !

I use a combi chain on the wheel that's it....and ground anchor at home and alarmed garage plus the combi chain lock.

Thinking of upping it a bit now I have a duc and getting a disc lock as well as a better chain for when it's out and about.

2. I use an Oxford Boss alarm disc lock, steering lock and tracker fitted, if they want it that much they can have it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I’ve had a Roadlok fitted on the new Supersport S for when out and about and just making short stops. It will also have Biketrac and Datatag.

Additional security employed when it’s back home in the garage.

• Like Like x 2
  4. That's interesting first time I've seen these.

Would it not be simple to steal the bike by simply snipping the front brake lever and / or fluid cable to release the brake pressure? Then off they go as normal?

5. If they want it, nothing will stop them. This a visual deterrant for the casual spur of the moment thief. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. True.

Might look into these like that it's high and visible too.

7. As mentioned, the Roadloc is good but expensive. Andy

8. Yea I just googled the price of that...think it's a little out of my price range was after something under 100 quid really.

9. I live up north so figure I have a good few years before I worry about this type of thing.

When you have the answer, please let me know. No particular rush...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I keep a very hungry dog in one of the panniers which I bring out with me and chain to the bike when I go shopping or whatever. It's a proper bastard trying to get him back in when I'm done but not lost a bike to the thieving scum as yet.
    Typically the insurance company won't take this in to consideration when it renewal time.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Interesting.
    I use ground anchor in the garage & a big thatcham approved chain around a metal rail at work. For out & about I use a bright yellow griplock which does a great job of deterring the nasty folk. I did add a tracker that alerts my mobile of any movement but it sucks the life out of my battery & being a dvt mutley it needs all the juice it can to run it's electronics :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. me as well, decent enough and work well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. I used to think like this, then someone said you can't skimp on security and pay the extra £100 for a proper lock for example on a £8k+ bike . After looking at vids online of how quickly the majority of locks are bolted through I now carry an Almax chain and lock, a Roadlok is fitted to the bike plus I also put an Oxford audible lock on too, as the bike is always parked close by to me (usually illegally on the pavement).

IMG_0919.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not seen that before, think I will get one of those too. After having two bikes pinched now I can't take any chances, and the paranoia is through the roof, unfortunately.

15. Oh ffs, watching that’s wound me up. I simply couldn’t watch my kit being lifted like that. I’d have to steam in....

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Yeah. Does this man not have a cricket bat and a knife taped together?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information