1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Who’s Had Their Cv19 Vaccination And Which Did You Have?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Feb 10, 2021.

?
  1. Oxford-Astra Zeneca

84 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. Pfizer-Biontech

25 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Moderna

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. And did you have any side effects?

Both SWMBO and I have had our first one. She had the Oxford-Astra Zeneca one in the local community hall and I had the Pfizer one at the local hospital. Neither of us had any side effects thankfully:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Got mine next Tuesday, I’ll let you know. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I along with my company had the Pfizer.

I had every side effect in the book and then some. As did two colleagues of mine. All below 35 years of age.

I was genuinely full of flu like symptoms for about 4 days. One colleague was off for over a week.
    I had my jab a month ago now and only shifted the head ache a few days ago.

parallel to that there’s about 8 or so guys in the company who had no illness at all.

my uncle has just had the Oxford one and now has severe kidney pain and palpitations. He’s currently bed bound I am told by my old dear.

my sister who’s got cancer has had hers and is absolutely fine.

seems luck of the draw. As said in the other thread, most of the people I know who have been ill from the vaccine were not ill from covid strangely and they’re all young bar one or two.

#3 Advikaz, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. My Mum had the Oxford-Astra Zeneca, difficult to tell re side effects as she's bloody doolally at the best of times...:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. I had mine last Monday, Astra Zeneca, no side effects so far except for a very sore arm, small price to pay. I have a very poor immune system, that’s why I got it early, however little SE!

6. I really didn't feel very well after mine at all. About a day after I developed a high temperature and was flushing hot and cold. I would run really hot in the evenings especially for about a week. Sweating like nobodies business. My arm was battered which seems odd as the needle is tiny. Bear in mind i've spent the last few years smashing myself to bits on motorcycles and don't exactly worry about pain, I could even lift myself out of bed the following morning. I had terrible sensitivity to light and migraines. I didn't want to eat. I had no energy at all. I'd get worn out just walking up the stairs, I was gasping. I felt like the lights were on but nobody was home, I couldn't concentrate on anything at all. Everything ached! and I mean everything. My heart would randomly start racing and I felt very anxious (was really random). It even hurt to move my eyes. My mouth was permanently dry. I couldn't sleep. It was horrible.

I'm not having the second jab. I wasn't remotely unwell from covid and yet I still don't feel totally right a month later after getting the jab. I'm 30 years old ffs and fit as a butchers dog. I have no idea why I was basically forced in to it. Madness.

Whilst this clearly isn't the case for everyone. It is the case for me. I'm not the only one either.

#6 Advikaz, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Oxford AZ Tuesday at 11.40am. Felt fine until 8pm. By ten it was pretty nasty.

Chills and fever all night, achy, headache & sore arm today. Most people probably won't get any side effects. Those that do & didn't buy some paracetamol just in case will regret it.

Edit:
    Thursday brings all day aching arm (worth bearing in mind if you sleep on your side?) and mild head ache. Simple Ibuprofen/Paracetamol cocktail resolve it so no big trauma.

#7 Jez900ie, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  8. AZ all the uncommon side affects I haven’t felt well since having it.
    I’m only just feeling better a week on and at last my headache has eased
    Arm still hurts and I’m really tired

A tip take paracetamol as soon as you have the jab because when the affects take place they bloody take place

9. Had mine on Saturday, had the Astra Zeneca, no ill effects.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AZ last Friday10:30 am.
    By 5:00pm, after thinking I might have got away with any side effects, I started feeling unwell, similar to the early stages of a cold . Haven't felt well until today. Nothing serious, but I could definitely tell there was a invader in my body. Not looking forward to the second one in 3 months time, but hugely grateful for all the hard work, expertise, dedication etc by all the people who have made it possible.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I had Astra on Monday, sore arm only, SWBO yesterday just nausea and tired today:weary_face:

12. Her indoors and myself had the Oxford -Astra -Zeneca on Monday 1st ,no probs at all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sound to me that you had Covid 19 itself, they are all classic symptoms, and the vaccine wouldn't take effect that fast I dont think, but I'm no expert.
    I had my jab 3 weeks ago last Tuesday, no after effects.

14. AZ all fine here two weeks ago

15. Had Pfizer back in early January, only side effect was what felt like a dead arm for a couple of days.

16. Already had covid mate. And had been tested (although we know the tests are shit) but we get tested a lot due to our work and I didn’t have a single positive. It was the first thought. The doctor I spoke with said it wasn’t unusual. I had to record all the side effects on a web form. Yellow something it’s called.

17. Had mine 10 days ago, Pfizer, dead arm for a day or two but other than that, all good

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sorry, but I know someone who had the same symptoms, and that was COVID-19, although they didn’t know at the time, I guess you were unlucky to get all those symptoms, you must have higher resistance now after the first jab now though.

19. Sounds like a mixed bag, again for info to add to this, my dad 75 has just had the jab, he’s fine (had covid in November) and my missus grandad 82 had it, again no issues.

I’m hopeful even people with big symptoms are okay, having the actual virus isn’t pretty but I imagine this is what the vaccines have to do to build the immunity

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Oxford one last week , felt tired the next day but no other issues, Kidney Transplant patient

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information